cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can we help you quit sooner? (April 2023)

Every couple months I look for people who have a quit date more than 50 days in the future. You're mentioned below because it appears you have a quit date set more than 50 days in the future. The EX Community is a place you can successfully quit, many have since 2008!

We're really glad that people come to EX every day to quit. Some are excited to get started while others are apprehensive for their own reasons.  We get that.  But we want to help with that apprehension and any worries they have to help make quitting as easy as it can be. Part of that apprehension is having the information so you can feel more confident in making a change sooner than later. Whether you're chewing, vaping or smoking, EX is the place to get information and resources to help with your quit journey.

Unsure of what the impact/benefit might be? Go to the Quit Calculator to find out. Put in your quit date to see how many days from your quit date (indicated by negative number). If you smoke you can also find out how many cigarettes you can avoid (indicated by negative number).

@Taylormade71 @billyjohn @blowingdank @Madenamorehead @talaidah @ja_flora @weege1990 @LauraFBernstein @gkos89 @rebeccabeer @michaeldrowe.86 @freedom12 @eefull @shirleywilson80 @Nnbrad_97 @na7th7an7 @Joshua8989 @Ericaann21 @Trimail @blc38ky @Lindsey2424 @Cpasour1 @TLemmitt3 @aaron87 @maryetta @Bonniecoldiron @user1648013 @rliveoak1 @misiakat @sambojr @whydoit @Samanthadavid @lozanomari8 @iamdosk @djs40059 @Sheagirl87 @sabrina06 @shelley_guest @littlehernandez @Qbee0 @wisawynn @Zeljkah @Tracycook @Dcwise78 @Blosspm70 @MagneticGinger @Lisa-Saunders @kabamb @Yamiilah @Paul1993 @dene0413 @amberallen931 @Leroy1966 @jeep937 @Chrystallynn69 @attempt12 @Apree @Starsminn 

Have questions? The others mentioned with you likely have the same concerns so we encourage you to ask. Feel free to post them as as reply and other members of EX (experienced quitters and those who have started their quit journey) will respond to your questions.  I'll try to organize the questions and answers so they're easy to see.

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Qbee0

I smoke a lot can you please help me? I find that nothing is helping me..; regular coping skills aren't working.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Qbee0 Welcome back.  Glad to see your thinking about quitting again. I see you've been reading some posts on the site.  That's a great way to get started.  Do you remember this?

Saying today is the day to quit - EX Community

There was some great information and support from the community.  It all still applies.  What can you do different this time?   Did you take the Daily Pledge?   It's a great way to keep your self accountable and to stay on track one day at a time.

Did you stay close to the site?  Many quitters have found it helpful to post their journey.  If that's not for you, come and read everyday and support your fellow quitters  

We're here for you and want you to be successful.  Nicotine is an addiction.  That knowledge and preparation has led to success for many.  Make the commitment, do the work and you can become an Ex too.

Stay busy and stay close,

Barb