cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

capecodken

Can’t seem to get started!

I tried to stop two days in a row I bought nicorette mini's

When I get up in the morning is when I have the toughest time, I need to light-up so I do.

I feel so guilty I know I want to quit but I keep having a cigg with my morning coffee.

After that I wait an hour then I use 4mg of the mini it goes something like this, smoke then an hour later a mini, hour later a mini, hour later a smoke. I talked to my doctor and told him he said as long as I don’t smoke while I take the mini at the same time he also replied its’ helping you cut down a lot. Well that’s good but I want to quit for good does anyone have ideas how to get by this morning torture help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
septgrl

The Nicotine CQ Patch work wonders.. Its good to start at bedtime, so when you wake in the morning, you won't have that desire. I tried the gum, but it didn't work for me. I've been smoke free for ten days now and continue to use the patch. After 6wks of the 21mg, I go to the 14mg and then 7mg. By that time the nicotine has reduced and I have completed the smoke free program. I do hope this work for you, Its feels good not to have that awful addiction.  Good Luck, You can do it, if you really want to.

msmmm

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

We all hang out in blogs.  Go there to post and you will get more comments as well as finding a lot of blogs from others.

0 Kudos

get rid of the cigarettes. if there are none, you won't be able to light one in the morning

0 Kudos
lindalee4

First time I quit-for a year-stayed home in bath robe laid on couch-for 3 days-saying " I choose not to smoke" knew I could go to the store a block away-felt the withdrawal-saying to myself you sissy you can take it-after 3 days the worst was over-chewed gum like mad.

You are right GET RID OF THE CIGARETTES-pour water on them---ok if you can't take it get another pack if you have to-but you will not quit if there are cigs around. Torture.

Your Dr should give you Chantix-it works.

0 Kudos