cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karen49

August Quitters

I am approaching 90 days. I quit 2 years ago & lasted 6 mos., but gained so much weight I started smoking again. I am surprised this time, even approaching 90 days, there are days the urge to smoke is really bad!! I'm ok when we go to the bar, it's like I'm ready for it then, but it's at the oddest times I crave a cigarette. I'm starting to do the hand-to-mouth thing now when I crave a smoke. So far I'm still holding my own with my weight.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
209 Replies
Luvbug4

My quit date was August 14. Trying to go "cold turkey" after years of smoking.. Holding strong at day 9!!!  Good luck peeps. 

0 Kudos
rainey3

Good morning everybody!  Beginning of day 6 on the patch...still a little rough, but also stressed b/c have deadlines at work b/f vacation tomorrow!

0 Kudos
fiveblessings

I "missed" my morning cigarette on the way to work today. Yesterday went fine, this morning I felt that urge. But I dealt with it knowing the craving would pass whether I smoke or not and sure enough, here I am feeling fine. On with day 2! 🙂

0 Kudos
koopmanduk

i am 5 days old,somehow sticking cold turky way.all the commrades please pray for me & do keep in touch by sharing experiences,it really helps'

0 Kudos
jennifer7-2

My quit date is tomorrow, Sept. 1, anyone with me?

0 Kudos
hollinsiam2

Today is my first day! Worked 12 hours today - that was easy - now that I am home its pretty hard not to thinking about smoking constantly! Wish me luck!

0 Kudos
lro24

Hi. I quit on August 30th. Almost 72 hours!!

0 Kudos
danadane23

i quit august 31,2013 and it feel so good not smoke n smell that stink smell.so i did was got on my knee and ask god to remove the taste of smoking from me and the carving having smoke since than.in jesus name amen.goodluck to all

0 Kudos
LindaK_Mc

Haven't smoked today and thought about it once!  Today is day 7 for me, one week and doing great.  I'm using the patch to ease the withdrawl but I know it more psychologicol that is what gets you.  I have quit many, many times but after my upper respiratory infection and gasping for air since I have mild emphysema that finally scared me!!  I don't want to end up on oxygen.  So to the next pledger I offer my strength and offer my hand.  NOPE!!

0 Kudos
fredw2

hi i needed a group my quit date is 8/31/2014 looking for support starting a new way of life without ciggerettes

0 Kudos