cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sandi4

Attitude of Gratitude

I'm grateful for nearly 4 weeks smoke free and the support of my friends on this site.
Tags (1)
73 Replies
jaimefriggin

Today I am grateful for new life. Every moment of anyday I have the power to alter the course of my life. So it doesn't matter what I have been doing up until this moment be it good or bad, right or wrong. In this moment I hold my destiny and the course of my life in my hands. Each moment after that is a manifestation of this. Lately I have been choosing to walk in my authority and design and it feel glorious.

0 Kudos
Terri103

When I joined, seemed like Groups just aren't used.  But I guess for me, I will visit when I can.  

I am grateful for finding the motivation this weekend to get some much needed work done.  

I am grateful that I didn't get all mad at myself for the things I didn't get done.  

I am grateful that I have a 4 day work week this week!

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

Today I am grateful for the sweltering heat and the occasional soft cooling breeze.

I am grateful for my willpower and that I didn't let my addictions get the best of me. I am grateful that after years of abusive relationships I learned to love myself and say, no more.

I am grateful that even though I am severely depressed, this gratitude exercise keeps me grounded and focused most days.

I am grateful.

0 Kudos
Terri103

I am grateful that I kept my cool when I had to work closely with my bully boss today.

I am grateful for my sore muscles, it means I was working them.

I am grateful for the crunchy bread and butter pickles on my sandwich.  

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

Today was hard but I am grateful that I made it through without being less than what I have become. I am grateful for cinnamon life cereal, my guilty pleasure. I am grateful for self restraint, letting things go, anger that quickly quiets instead of smoldering rage. I am grateful that no matter what is stacked against me nor how great the odds, I am an overcomer. I am grateful that today proves this.

I am grateful.

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

Today I am greatful for the awesomely weird weather we're having today. There I am trying to burn out the sun with my approaching 40 body and well I must have succeded because it got dark and started sprinkling and the wind picked up all crazy like. Still was about 80 out though and it felt wild and glorious.

While I was out, my next door neighbor started smoking which usually bums me out and starts me gagging, and well, this time was no exception BUT it gave me the opportunity to reflect on how grateful I am that I no longer smoke that @#$%^& crap.

I am free I am free and so grateful to be free. *middle finger salute to cigarettes*

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

I am grateful dor the stillness of the morning. Especially the after the rain stillness that makes you breathe just a little softer and tread a bit ighter. The stillness that causes quiet self-reflection. A sense of sacredness.

For this, I am grateful.

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

Today I am grateful for the ability to write. For me writing is more than just the ability to put in pen or type what is on my mind. It is also a way for me to really process and organize my feeling on what I think. Through writing I have been able to see clearly the things in my life that are detrimental as well as causing me to recognise beautiful things like learning the ability to love.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am grateful to wake up this morning with a smile on my face.  Happy to be a nonsmoker.

0 Kudos
lp718

Today I am grateful that I have found this site and this group which is just what I have been looking for! I am also grateful for completing Day 2 of being an Ex!!!