cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sandi4

Attitude of Gratitude

I'm grateful for nearly 4 weeks smoke free and the support of my friends on this site.
Tags (1)
73 Replies
dave3

I am so very grateful to find a group who have made the right choice.
  I admire every one of you for each hour your strength and determination has allowed your success with this incredible commitment.
  You people are awesome!!
0 Kudos
sue26

Am gratefull I made 1 day....Sue
0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

jaimefriggin

Today I am grateful for community. I am grateful for the ability to share with others. I am thankful that even though we are imperfect that we are able to cover this in forgiveness.

0 Kudos
barb103

I am grateful for my daughter Patience and that I woke up another morning...lol

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

jaimefriggin

Today I am grateful for coffee. On the days when my personality doesn't want to be near itself, coffee helps lubricate my interactions with the world. Thank you coffee!

0 Kudos
stop-smoking9

I want to be grateful rather than being grateful. I alwyas fall into the habit because I think it makes me feel better. I am tired but I need help. I am too proud to ask for help but I am here for help because I do not this to affect my future. I am thankful I found this website and I hope it helps me to quit once it for all this horrible nasty habit. 

0 Kudos
jaimefriggin

Before I began this gratitude experment over a year ago I was completely unhappy and dissatisfied with life. A friend challenged me to come up with three things every day for five days that I was grateful for. I thought the challenge would be impossible. How was I supposed to come up with THREE things one day let alone five days? I also thought that being grateful was simply learning to settle with unfortunate circumstances.

I was so very wrong. By the third day of the experiment I hadn't run out of things to be grateful for. In fact, I was having trouble choosing which three would get the spotlight that day. Over a year later I still have too many things I am grateful for to list in one day and that happens everyday. Even the days that aren't going my way. A year later I am happy and exceedingly blessed and instead of settling, I've started doing what makes me happy. Doing this group is one of those things. I am not a social person but I am a lover of people and an advocate for positive living.

So today, I am grateful for those first five days of the gratitude experiment. Without which I would be in emotional and mental poverty.

0 Kudos
Terri103

I am grateful that I am willing to try and be grateful.

I am grateful for this eX site that has kept me from smoking.

I am grateful that so far today I have not cried.  

0 Kudos