Give and get support around quitting

kellie_a

Aspiring authors?

Are there any aspiring authors here on the site? 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sandi8

kelli my daughter loves to write she is going on 13 she has songs she wrote and 2 stories in the works plus a poem she wrote
if the world was a better place

think of all the stuff we'd make

the economy wouldn't be so bad

and all the kids wouldn't be so sad

if the world was a better place

it would be a peace of cake

to help the poor and feed the needy

but right now everyone's greedy

if the world was a better plav=ce

we could stare life in it's face

and see what beauty really is

and llok away from doing sins

but the world isn't a better place

so please for everyone elses sake

so take the time to help each other

treat people like they were your brother

sorry i know it is for the people on here but so proud of her
0 Kudos
kellie_a

WOW!
That is awesome! It looks like she will be a writer someday!! She's just 12? That is really good! I just wish people in the world would listen to her. 🙂
0 Kudos
beth22

That's awesome Sandi....Tell her I loved it and keep up the good work. The world always needs more poets!
0 Kudos
mmerose

Wow, Sandi, really good! My daughter is also an aspiring author, currently a Creative Writing major in college. She's been writing since she was...hmmm...well, since she could write!
0 Kudos
jennie3

That is fantastic ! You must be so proud.
0 Kudos
sandi8

Thanks everyone i am so proud f her she has a book she is writing for school. She hasn't let me read it yet guess i have to wait til schools over with. Its funny she cant spell very well but she told me thats why they have editors.
0 Kudos
arlene5

Not me, no but my hubby is and I'm so excited I have to share this, (hope I don't jinx it!) He sent out some query letters about a year ago and last week a publishing company called him and asked him to submit 3 chapters and an outline. Of course we've sent it now we just have to wait and see. So if there are any others out there that have sent those query letters and haven't yet got an answer, there's always hope!
0 Kudos
beth22

Whahoo!!! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for your husband Arlene.
Keep us posted, ok?
0 Kudos
sandi8

Arlene do have a name of the co. my daughter has 2 childrens books she has written but we have no clue where we could send them . I have had my friends kids read them and they want her to write more
0 Kudos