cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

allie-raye

AHHH!!!!!

Day Two..... I haven't hit anyone, yelled at anyone, or even creid yet. But I've wanted to do all three, and normally I'm not violent, I hold my temper well and I'm not extremely emotional. But, OMG, I just feel like everone is against me right now, but its totally the opposite, all my friends are as supportive as they can be, my family is rooting for me and people at work even bought me gum..... I feel like I've very loved, but I also feel like I'm in the biggest battle of my life so far and noone understands just how hard it is. The absolute worst is right after I get done eating.... what do I do for the 30 minutes after I eat? That time was used for smoking and socializing, now that time is just frustrating and awkward. I'm kinda freaking out.

I'll get through it!
God is with me!
I'm not the only one going through this and even though this is my fight there are others who have been successful and are on my side.
I will get used to being a non-smoker, and then, I won't even be defined as a non-smoker, I will just be me........
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rob17

Hi Allie,

I'm on day two as well and I can kind of relate. Only "kind of" because since I'm taking Chantix, I've had very few of the "second day crazies" we all know and love. I'm hapy to see you have support from friends, family and coworkers.

We've started a mini support group called June Buddies. There are four members currently and we're looking for more if you're interested. It's by invitation, so drop by and request an invite if you're interested. It was created to provide support as opposed to a general "June quitters" discussion group.

Good luck on the rest of day 2! Day 3 should be easier 🙂

Cheers,
Rob
0 Kudos
julie55

Hey Allie,

I'm on day 2 and I'm right there with ya sister!!!

We can do this, we can do this, we can do this, we can do this.

This is normally the time of day I would light up the most, after a stress filled work day.

We can do this, we can do this!!!
0 Kudos