cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Amy66Sully

57 yr old Vaper Grammy

I'm new here. I picked up the blu vaping pen about 7 yrs ago to quit cigarettes and am more addicted to this than I was to cigarettes.  I vape from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed.  My lungs are starting to sound like popcorn. My daughters father (my ex) recently died, and my daughter is scared to loose me too.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
biscuit9

@Amy66Sully  I was a cig smoker, but I tried very hard to switch over to vaping about 5-7 years ago.  I couldn't make the transition, but I can see why vaping is so bad. You have 24-7 access to the vape and you don't even have to step out of your bed to vape, a  nicotine addict's dream!  I hope you take some time to learn about how nicotine addicts us.  Take some time to figure out what tools you will be using during your transition to the nic free life.  Planning is important and your tools of distraction will be vital to you staying quit.  Read and learn from others.

champsin97

Sounds like you got at least one really good reason to quit.  Vaping can be harder to quit than cigarettes but you can still do it.  Nicotine is nicotine.  You just have to want it bad enough.  Take this time to read all the info you can on this site.  Make a detailed quit plan and vow to stick to it.  Post on the site when you need help or support.  Get involved here and make some quit buddies (people that have a quit date around the same time as yours).  That way you can support each other and cheer each other on.  It's going to be a fight but you just have to be strong and say NO MORE!!  Every time you want to vape just think about your daughter.  Stay close and stay strong!  We are all here for you.

biscuit9

@Amy66Sully   Leading up to my quit, I watched some awful videos on whyquit.com.  That helped me, more than anything, to stop romanticizing the nicotine.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello!

Welcome @Amy66Sully! My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team.  I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! The community is very supportive so please reach out and let us know if you need anything. You may find our Daily Pledge page helpful to make a commitment not to smoke on a day-by-day basis. Posting there will also bring visibility to your journey to others who take the pledge daily.

I wanted to invite you join our new vaping group where there is more focused discussions on this topic.  Please continue to reach out!

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
maryfreecig

IMO quitting vaping after transitioning from smoking means about the same so far as building quit plan goes. It sounds like you are at a point of thinking about quitting and so are considering your options. Using all of Ex would be a great way to get to know how what the options are. Quitting at Ex is about all stages so I hope you will stick around, read, think about what you want, how you can do it, start making a plan--one you can live with.

Personally, I think it is important to avoid going down the line of thinking that says, "It's harder for me because..." Anyone of us can or has done that. When I quit over ten years ago,  I thought I was too old to change--just too hard. Thankfully I didn't listen to myself on that one, just the part about quitting!!!

Take it one step at a time. 

8a9011956cb4978bec7bd3464eacef3e.jpg