cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diamond01

57 days down the tube !!!

Hi, I don't even know what to say I blew my 57 days quit, now I am so scared to start over the the stress of it all just got to me, day after day, the cravings the rollercoaster now it was for nothing.I am trying to get strong, but I just can't get to a happy place, it just seems so dark like it sucked out all my emotions out of me, and now I am just sad. I need everyone's help to get me one the path again, and help keep me strong, I know that only I can do it but I don't know how to start. Thanks Helen.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It sounds to me like you were trying to white knuckle your quit and just plumb wore yourself out.

You know you want to quit.  My first recommendation is to do the prep work again - including reading Allen Carr's book. 

Accept that you are not giving anything up - and get your quit kit ready.

Understand that you can't win an argument with yourself - so don't go there. 

Let us know how we can help!

Nancy

diamond01

Thanks I am just so tried, I am going to start in the morning, and try to go through all the stuff I learned, and the voice in my head, I just can't be a smoker, my couch is started back, and I just want to cry.

To me, a person never loses unless they completely give up! You now have some experience with quitting. I'm sorry you have to go through those first days again, but you know you want to end this addiction. Otherwise you'd have never made it as far as you did.

Your not a failure because you haven't given up completely. Now, the first thing is to figure out is what made you relapse and then how to make sure that doesn't happen again. Also, you need to lose that fear of quitting. It's the same fear you probably felt the first time. You have it within you to win. Every addict owns the key to their own freedom. Sometimes we don't discover what that key is the first time, but in the end we do.

Do what prep you feel you'll need and then get back on that horse and ride to freedom!! The only one that can stop you is yourself.

Looking forward to your success.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!

Chuck

Jennifer-Quit

I am happy to see that you are back.  Everyone of us who have successfully quit were right where you are now - scared and unsure of ourselves. You can do this - you did it for 57 days - and you can do it again.  You learned that smoking does not solve any of your problems - it only adds to them.  You learned that it is hard to start over - and after you start again this time - you never, never, never have to do that again.  Get thru the withdrawals - both physical and psychological and you never have to do that again either.  Be willing to give it the time that it takes to get to a better place - And that better place is Wonderful!

MarilynH

diamond01‌, please do the reading and believe that you can and will be successful, be willing, determined and totally committed to go through whatever cravings and rough patches so you can get to the point where your quit starts to get easier and you then you will realize how much better life is without the crutch of smoking, we're all here for you Helen to help you anyway we can. 

John10forteen

Hi Helen,

It's not a failure, It's an education. We keep learning  and our score keeps getting better until we master the craft of enjoying the freedom. There is a lot to learn and you got a 57 on your test, That is darn good! Continue your education with diligence, perseverance and honesty and you will never fail. Brush off those knees and elbows, dry your tears and get back on the horse when your ready. You can do this. 

sophia-22

Hi Helen,

I know you read the book but have you ever watched this video, it helped me.

Linda

Allen Carr Easyway to Stop Smoking - YouTube 

Mandolinrain

Hugs, first off.

I am SO HAPPY you CAME BACK!!!!!!!!

Ditto to WHAT EVERYONE HAS SAID. 

We are here for you. Take more time planning what you will do when craves and bad situations hit you to light up.

You can do this. I failed so many times I lost count, but I kept coming back. I wanted this insanity to stop, I knew I needed help. You WILL do this. Its different for everyone.

Im so sorry this happened but now its over and tomorrow is a brand new day!

diamond01

Thanks so much for all the support, I will put my Big girls panties and deal with it as my daughter says. I will post in the morning, and thank you all for being great friends.