cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andreatharp

2HRS no cigs

I have been smoking for 20yrs or so (I'm only 32) and within the first two hours of quitting I feel like I'm going insane. My head hurts, my eyes hurt, my teeth hurt, my stomach hurts, I'm shaky, tired, angry, I keep crying, and worst of all I feel like my arms and legs are twitchy. I sit at a desk all day for work and I keep feeling my arms and legs jerking. My brain tells me one cigarette would make this all go away. The physical withdrawal symptoms seem intolerable. I can't take any medications because I'm pregnant. 

This sucks. I feel like a heroin addict!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
mark_tillman

How is it going? You should know you've been quitting for extended periods of time your whole life. You go through withdrawls every night while you sleep. It will get better.

0 Kudos
Julieibbo

Try to distract yourself. It is worse when you think about it, good luck and keep going. I have made it to 77 days from a 30 year habit. I ignore it and it goes away.

0 Kudos
smokeisbad67

its not easy but remeber like all things in life, THIS TO SHALL PASS

0 Kudos
mark_tillman

I made it two full months without a single smoke, and then my wife's friend came to stay with us for two weeks and she smoked. I buckled and had a couple which quickly snowballed into smoking almost as I did before. It's an excuse I know. I'm starting again today. I'm hoping I can muster up the same dedication I had last time, and get through it even easier this time.

I just need to remember, I never actually feel better when I have one. It's never really the relief you hope it will be. And the guilt I have because of it, actually makes me feel worse.

0 Kudos