cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rachelem2000

20 years of smoking and I think I'm ready for this..

Hi everyone,

My name is Rachel and I am 2 months shy of my 40th birthday. I have been smoking for 20 years with a few lulls, but fo rthe most part it's been a nonstop monkey. I feel like smoking is a part of me, and I'm a little afraid about losing it; it almost feels like I'm losing a limb. At any rate, I know I need to quit, no I want to quit. I'm starting to cough which is just too much for me. I'm more afraid of emphysema or cancer than I used to be.

At any rate, I have started Zyban, and am hoping to quit next week. I have a pretty good support system, I am mostly afraid now, but I am excited to be able to smell and taste and breathe again!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
thayer54

Hi Rachel.  I too am afraid to fail again.  However, this time, I resolved myself that there would be cravings and I would not be one of the lucky ones.  Bad attitude.  Now I am looking forward to the hour of success of not smoking.  This time I also really did get rid of all cigs, butts, etc....  Isn't it amazing what one will smoke.  I am looking at being smoke-free as finally being selfish and taking care of me.

If you need any support, just reply and I will try to help.

0 Kudos