cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

1st week

Jump to solution

I am in my first week of being nicotine free.  I feel like at any moment I am going to relapse.  I am all over the place emotionally.  It’s exhausting.  I hope it gets easier.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@renwickchandler Welcome to the Ex.  I hope you're still in your first week nicotine free.   The first week is rough, but you can do it by using tools and new associations instead of smoking.  Have you been reading material on site?  There are lots of suggestion on how to achieve a successful quit.  

Keeping busy has helped many quitters.   Just going for a short walk is a great distraction and a way to replace the dopamine  (the feel-good chemical)  lost when quitting.  That's why you're emotions are all over the place right now.  

If you haven't done so already check out this link to help you with a plan and an understanding of nicotine.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Keep up the good work--it will get easier.  We're here for you so reach out before you smoke.

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to respond until others here see your post and respond with words I can't express as well . 

Good job posting . Please wait for three more responses . If you still don't feel better wait for three more . 

Congratulations on one week quit . That's awesome and although you may not see it as a huge accomplishment , it is , and to have feelings of being all over the place and feeling exhausted is normal . 

To answer your question , yes it will get easier . 

Others with be along shortly .. hang in there and wait this one out . You will be glad you did . 

0 Kudos
Angelsyaya

Good afternoon @renwickchandler   I haven't been on here very long myself.   I'm at 33 days.  What I can tell you is get busy doing something else and quit letting it be the BOSS.   You're the boss now.  Go for a walk, make some popcorn and put on a good show, call a supportive friend, do anything and everything to not smoke.   You will be so happy once you get through it and so sad if you suffered all of this time, for nothing.   :-)))  Hang in there, it does get easier, I promise.

Stacy

JohnRPolito

Hopefully this new day finds you still free and healing @renwickchandler.  You should have seen me during my first week (22 years ago), I was an utter mess.  But just one challenge and day at a time and before you know it, you realize that things are looking up.  The challenges are becoming fewer, shorter in duration and generally less intense.  Up ahead is that first magic day where you'll go the entire day without once thinking about wanting to introduce nicotine into your bloodstream.  After the first such day, they become more and more common until becoming our new sense of normal.  

In that you seek freedom from nicotine, here's 3 free ebooks that I hope help.  With you in spirit.  Just here and now, yes you can!!!

Never Take Another Puff!

Smart Turkey

Freedom from Nicotine - The Journey Home

John R Polito
I am a contributor to WhyQuit and am willing to assist with those interested in Cold Turkey quitting. I am posting of my own accord with permission from WhyQuit.
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@renwickchandler Welcome to the Ex.  I hope you're still in your first week nicotine free.   The first week is rough, but you can do it by using tools and new associations instead of smoking.  Have you been reading material on site?  There are lots of suggestion on how to achieve a successful quit.  

Keeping busy has helped many quitters.   Just going for a short walk is a great distraction and a way to replace the dopamine  (the feel-good chemical)  lost when quitting.  That's why you're emotions are all over the place right now.  

If you haven't done so already check out this link to help you with a plan and an understanding of nicotine.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Keep up the good work--it will get easier.  We're here for you so reach out before you smoke.

Barb

0 Kudos