cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sickofsmoke2

1st time here........

HI everyone!

Today is my first day here.  I still have a couple of packs around here.  My plan is to quit by August 31st. Or before if I can.

I am sick of smoking, really.  I've reached the point of even hating the smell of smoke!  I know is affecting my health negatively in many ways, and I am ready to let it go!  I need help though...  I am allergic to many things therefore, I am not able to use patches or nicotine aids.  This is going to be a huge step for me.  I've been a smoker for over 20 yrs. now.  

I live alone, and unfortunately don't have access to outdoor space unless I get in my car and drive to it.  That is somewhat a downer in many ways.  As I am writing this, I look around my apartment and plan to clean every room and make it smoke-free. (That is: Get the smell of smoke out of my living quarters, my clothes, my curtains... my home).

I wish everyone a great outcome!

0 Kudos
10 Replies

hello  i am donald dillon i have been trying to stop smoking also i am in my third week and still have cravings its not easy but it does get less and less stressfull i have a wonderful family support group and i was able to use the patches  i have been smoking since i was 11 intill i was 43  just take it one day at a time

goood luck  to you

0 Kudos
sickofsmoke2

Thanks Goodhearted... I am having the most problem on NOT having the 1st one when I wake up, this is what dooms my day!

0 Kudos
jdprater

Hi everyone, I have been smoking for over 30 years.  I am so over it all.  I have been recently been smoking one after another.  I will keep it short now, while I read up on some great tips to help me get over this toxic mess....Thank you all, and good luck.

0 Kudos
gator3

You may want to consider Chantix. It has been a Godsend for me, and it has been the lifesaver I needed to make it through the first 10 days. Now that I am on day 11, there is no turning back for me.

"I WILL NOT PAY SOMEONE TO KILL ME!"

Put that on poster boards and hang them where you see them all day. It will help! Seriously.

Trade excercise (even small stretching excercises) like running in place, toe touches, jumping jacks for smoking. And remember to BREATHE deeply. Trading excercise for smoke will help you eliminate cravings (or at least manage them) and it will also help make you healthier at the same time.

0 Kudos
tina94

Hi all

Its nice to know Im not alone in the fight to get my life back. This is not my first time. I have tried many things with no success as a mater of fact  im smoking more now then ever. I have been smoking 27years and I my sick of it .

Thank You all 

0 Kudos
sickofsmoke2

This is my 1st time trying to quit breatheasy. Is going hard already and I have not even stop yet 😞

0 Kudos
sickofsmoke2

I can't take any meds, I am allergic to many things and take medications that crash with Chantix and others 😞

0 Kudos

I am really afraid of telling everyone im going to quit and then not doing it again. My biggest problem with smoking is that i do it at the same time everyday. i go on break at work at the same time. Even when my body isn't telling me to smoke my brain is, cuz its that time of day!! I don't have insurance so I can't afford medications. Even though I spend a fortune on smoking its easier to come up with $5 for a pack for the day than it is to come up with the money for a script for the month. ugh!! Anyway does anyone out there have any tips?

0 Kudos
sickofsmoke2

I'm not afraid what others might think, and neither should you be.  There are many people who have quit many times and gone back to the habit.  Lets just hope this wont be our case 🙂

0 Kudos