cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

molzep

12 1/2 years (give or take a week or two!)

On November 20, 2009, I walked into a store to buy cigarettes. I saw the nicotine patches over the counter and said, what the heck, let's do it today!

Many times I planned ahead, hoping to get the most out of my smoking days before I "had to give it up". But there were a couple problems with that thought.

1. I had been really working toward a quit date since May 20, 2006 when my brother in law passed away
  2. What good does a extra day, week or month (or year!) of smoking make over the long run?
  3. Just Do It (or don't do it in terms of lighting up!)

I told myself that I could take up smoking again when I was 80 if I wanted.

I went through some tough days and weeks. But I stuck with N.O.P.E Not One Puff Ever. I noticed things like being able to sing a song full blast in my car without coughing. I found that it was true that smoking effected more things than I would ever admit. Like my next dentist appointment, they didn't insist I come back in for a heavy duty deep gum cleaning. My headaches pretty much disappeared. My mood swings from morning withdrawal were gone. By the way, the song I sang was Four Non Blonds - What's Up.

Anyway, I've been quit for 12 1/2 years and there is NO WAY I'll take it up when I'm 80. Why would I want to!?

Stay Strong! Breathe deep!
Molly

Quit date 11/20/2009

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@molzep Thanks for stopping in to celebrate 12.5ish years quit!  I see your other recent post got some activity and helped some newer members starting their journey. 🙂 I love it when members do that!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@molzep Congrats on 12.5 years.  That's fabulous.  Glad you stopped by to celebrate and to inspire newcomers.

Barb

0 Kudos