cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

ampan75

hypnosis

Did anyoNe tried Hypnosis. is it effective?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I know of one person in my lifetime who quit with hypnosis.  For most, it takes education, planning, preparation and commitment.  Nothing is going to quit FOR you.  For most, effort is required.

That being said, go for it if YOU think it's going to do the job for you!

Nancy

0 Kudos

I tried it a long time ago. i wasted my money. When I joined BecomeanEx and di the plan I had my Forever Quit - Smart Turkey /blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2016/11/23/a-smart-turkey?sr=search&searchId=c0ed98a4-7191-4919-94f6-009c17048e8...

0 Kudos
bookee6

My Mother and Brother did.  My mother has been smoke free 28 years and my brother 3 years.  But I believe it was more their desire to quit then the hypnosis person.   No matter how you quit if you really do not want it, it will not work.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

My husband and I tried it years ago.  Twice even.  Did not work as soon as I found his cigarettes under the bathroom cabinet I was done.  I agree with Nancy.  Education is the key to a successful quit. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I tried it...it was a group thing.  It was supposed to be for smoking and overeating and anxiety...I cannot remember how long it was, I can tell you that the place was PACKED.  I bought some CD's from them because it was recommended that participants listen to the CD's every day for three weeks...oh, and we were not to smoke once we left the session.  Was I ready for that?  NO, I had no idea that was how it was going to work.  I did not smoke after I left the place, I listened to the CD's every day for the next three weeks and I did not smoke during that time.  At the end of those three weeks...I got angry and I smoked.  I still had cigarettes around, I had not done any of the necessary preparation for a successful quit and I had not done any of the education that is available here.  I quit many times in the past, once I found EX and I did all of the reading and preparation...made a quit kit...and I became part of this amazing community, I had that as my support when I got sick and had no choice other than to quit.  I came here every morning and every evening and I have never regretted my quit.  Hypnosis is not going to quit FOR you, nor is acupuncture or any other intervention or medication or nicotine replacement.  Education, support, commitment, and participation will be your keys to a successful quit.  You CAN do this.

Ellen

0 Kudos