cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Piscescurve

When should I start my patches?

Should I start my patches tonight or in the morning? (I vape throughout the night)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you think you could sleep through the night if you didn't have cravings by wearing the patch?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Gypsy15108

U put a fresh one on in the morning and take it off 2 hours before bed. If u wear it to bed... nightmares, insomnia... not good.

Theresa16thor

Same thing with me , bad dreams.  Didn't think to take off patch. Thanks

0 Kudos
Beasunnyday

• I would put it on the night before if you are used to smoking directly upon waking.  Mornings are often the toughest times and the patch takes several hours to be effective.  If you smoke a cigarette when waking up in the middle of the night for sure put it on before you go to bed.  If you didn’t smoke first thing in the morning just out it on first thing in the morning.  This refers to only the first day of quitting.  If you are a heavy smoker go ahead and out another on the next morning and you can leave two on to get through the first day.  Take the first one off if you feel you are getting too much nicotine or two or three hours before bedtime.   
0 Kudos
DStoffer

I wake up at night and smoke and it's the 1st thing I do in the morning..trying 1 at night and  2 patches in the morning is worth a try

Thanks

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@DStoffer Welcome to the Ex.   Forgive me, but I don't understand your post.  Are you talking about using multiple patches?  You should only use one in a 24 hour period.

Barb

0 Kudos
janetsralph

I've been wearing patches  14 mg 24/7 for the last 2 weeks. I still feel terrible. Any suggestions from those of you who wore patches and how long did you wear them? My emotions are getting the best of me. Any suggestions? How did you succeed with patches, nic gum?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hi @janetsralph Congratulations on being smoke free for two weeks.  To better answer your question, when you say terrible what are you feeling.  Nausea, sleeplessness, tired, Being emotional is part of the process.  Two weeks you are still early in your quit. Education is the key to a successful quit.  Please read this blog and the other links enclosed.  It will be very helpful to you. What To Expect In The First Four Months 

0 Kudos
janetsralph

Hi Jackie. 

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I feel like like I want to cry but cant.  I feel sick to my stomach , tired. Out of sorts. Hard time concentrating, esp. at work. Moving slowly. Like my brain is going to burst. I'm using the patches. I'm not sure they are good or I'm just prolonging my misery?

I'll read the post.

Did you use patches? Ect?

How did you stop and stayed smoke free?

I

0 Kudos