cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Momoffivesons

What milligram patch should I start with

What milligram Patch should I start with I'm smoking almost a pod a day vaping. 21mg?

Tracey Decambra
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@Momoffivesons Welcome to the Ex.  This is an interesting question.  When quitting smoking 

11+ cigarettes per day, use
21 mg for 6 wks,

14 mg for

2 wks,

7 mg for 2 wks.

6-10 cigarettes per day, use
14 mg for 6 wks,

7 mg for 2

I've been trying to find what they recommend for vapers.  Nicotine amounts vary from product to product and usually a person gets more nicotine from than vaping than smoking, 

I couldn't find a recommendation of what patch to use.  You might check with your doctor, the pharmacist or maybe someone else here can recommend what they did.  

Of course don't let that dissuade you from quitting.  It's the best thing you can do for your health.  We're here to support you on this journey.  This link will give you some great information to get started.  https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you.

Barb

Momoffivesons

From what I could see one pod equals a pack of cigarettes. And I think a 5 percent pot equals a 21 mg or if you do a 3% pod in a Day would equal a 21 mg patch. And likewise if your pod can last you for 3 to 5 days it would be a 14 mg patch. And finally at 7 mg patches for those who can make a pod lost for over a week. Also I think what's taken into consideration is how much your puffing your pod. I know someone that with coffee or tea etc will puff that pod really vigorously for 3 to 5 minutes. And afterwards not as much but that still would equal a 21 mg patch. I'm trying for the 9th but may we do my quick dates for the 12th only to see if I can actually start cutting down and use the patch. I feel I would have more of a success rate as of today I'm haven't really cut down as much as I'd like to. Ideally I don't really like to hit the pod once or twice an hour or less. Think it will give my mind more ways to keep busy without thinking of vaping. Any encouragement from you guys to stay on task I picked an horrible time I guess aren't they all to stop I'm ending a 45-year marriage with a malignant narcissist. As well as I'm having to leave the house I've lived in for 40 years. Have no idea what's going to happen having to come up with 10K which I don't know how to get a divorce it's just well anyways we all have our problems right? There's always going to be something  to make us not want to stop.

Tracey Decambra
Barbscloud

@Momoffivesons As long as you feel confident with patch mg choice.   Cutting down works for some, but not others.  I used two aids, attended a class and cut down for week on a strict schedule.   I didn't deviate from it.  I started with one cigarette every hour, then every two hours, etc. until I was down to two cigarettes the last day.  I threw the other's out and only kept what I need for my last day. I was also fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I learned about nicotine addiction and created a quit plan.  When theI day arrived I felt prepared for the first time.   Even with an aid, it does take work.  

Be prepared to toss out all of your vaping paraphernalia.   Having it around just gives us an excuse to pick it up if things aren't going our way.  You sound like you have lot on you plate right now, but you can do this.  There never is a good time to quit.   I know I found excuses for 50 years.  It will be a great success to build on in other aspects of your life.

Here's  link with some great information to help get you started    https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

There's lots of support here, so just reach out anytime we can help.  Stay close as your quit date approaches.

Barb