cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

EWALLER

Smoking in the car

What is the best way to stop smoking in the car. That is the hardest time for me not to smoke. I get in the car and feel like i have to have one. 

Labels (1)
15 Replies
Kimshine

@EWALLER How about straws, gum, water, licorice or singing really loud?

I used real cinnamon sticks and pretended to smoke them.

Barbscloud

@EWALLER   That can be a challenge for many.   I was fortunate to stop smoking in my car several cars prior to my quit.  

Eliminate anything smoking related to smoking--ash trays, lighters.

Clean your car to get the smell out.  

Stock up on healthy stacks.  Even though I had quit smoking in my car, I kept Sour Patch Kids, straws to chew on, and something to read.  I was used to smoking when I reached my destination, so if was early I would read instead.

Change your routine. Sing to music, take a different route, etc.

Are you planning are quitting soon?

Barb

EWALLER

I like the cinnamon Sticks. I will have to try that. Thank you! 

EWALLER

Thank you! I am getting my car detailed soon to try and get rid of the smell. I do however need to get rid of the lighters. 

I am. I have stopped twice in the last year and went a couple of months doing it cold Turkey and the slightest inconvenience i started back and made excuses. 

Snowdoggie

@EWALLER I chewed "Big Red" cinnamon gum and brought water to sip on did deep breathing. Work your way into it with a few short trips to get used to not lighting up everytime you get in the car. Finally, Tell yourself "NOPE" (NOT ONE PUFF EVER!)

Snowdoggie

@EWALLER Take the "Daily Pledge" and pledge not to smoke in your car each day.😃

pamigirl126

That I have stopped.  It's a big start 

Barbscloud

@pamigirl126 Welcome.  That's great

Barb

Snowdoggie

@pamigirl126 Hi Pam, welcome to Ex. Glad to hear you stopped smoking in your car. Thats huge. Maybe you can share how you did it for others? I haven't seen you post on the daily pledge. It helps me to stay committed. Glad you blogged. Best of success!😃🐕

107 DOF