cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

marinemom

Nicotine Lozenge Users

Day 2 has begun and lozenges are down by 4. They take over an hour to dissolve though and I've spit a couple of them out at an hour because I've needed a drink. Urges happening but I'm trying to tough it out. My son's been smoke free since Friday afternoon.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
38 Replies
pam

I started using them today.

Still having a hard time.
  Pam -feb. 1 2009
0 Kudos
edith2

That's great Chris! Pam, you'll still have to go through the tough part of quitting. Even while using the lozenges. But it does get better with time. Eventually the cravings go away completely.
0 Kudos
amy5

I am using the lozenges. I got the cappucino ones and they actually taste pretty good. My biggest problem is boredom. I'm not sure how to handle that. I "think" I can handle stressful situations well enough, just not sure about boredom. I know all the key phrases, but it's still a bear. I am determined not to quit smoking!
0 Kudos
edith2

I didn't get addicted to the lozenges. After about 5 weeks, I started getting canker-like sores in my mouth. So I quit using the lozenges all together and I did fine. I didn't feel like I was on the edge of smoking. I was well enough into my quit to go solo.
0 Kudos
edith2

Amy, feeling bored is normal. But that feeling eventually goes away too because quitting smoking is also a lifestyle change. It's a matter of getting used to being a non-smoker.
0 Kudos
linda53

good morning toall im new here using the lozenges ive gotten down to 5 a day but cant put off popping one when the coffee is perking anyway to put that one off i stop using them at 4pm and do fine for the 4 more hrs im up
0 Kudos
linda53

i just talked to a quit coach and he said i was cutting back too soon guess ill go back to 6 for a couple of weeks and see if these headaches go away dont know if theyre anxiey or withdrawal or a side effect of the lozenge anyone else having them?
0 Kudos
linda53

welcome DeBBie how far along are you in your quit? from 1 day to infinity its the best decision anyone could make peace and love
0 Kudos
debbie_

I'm on day 2 with the mint flavor 4 mg. I've done this before with the commits in the past, they really do work. I just hate the withdrawls the first week, light headed, headaches and the mood swings.
0 Kudos