cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

55tazor

NRT worth it?

My PCP prescribed nasal spray Nicotrol to help me quit and ease cravings. However it's very expensive! Is it worth it compared to other less expensive NRTs. 

Thanks for your help! 

Karen Heckel
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Barbscloud

@55tazor  Welcome to the Ex.  and congrats on  your decision to quit. For this quit I used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers.  My insurance covered both.   I hope it does for you, but there are alternatives over the counter.

No matter how you choose to quit, cold turkey or with aids,  you need to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  I've tried just about everything too.   In addition to some aids for my final quit, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you tomorrow.  You got this.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

maryfreecig

Plan and prepare for your quit, whatever NRT you choose is more effective the better prepared you are. You can do this one step at a time. In my opinion, any treatment is worth it for a quitter so long as you are in on the decision to quit. Nothing will work if you are not. Welcome to Ex. Take time to learn about nicotine addiction, take time to make a plan that is best for you.

0 Kudos