cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

jmarc988

Lozenges

I'm on day 9 of quitting with nicotine lozenges. My lungs already feel better and while I'm not off of nicotine complete quite yet I just feel better most of the time. Sure life is difficult and stressful but at least I'm not smoking. Hopefully I can wean to the 2mg and then to nothing this summer

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Barbscloud

@jmarc988 Congrats on day 9 of success.  Nothing wrong with using an aid to achieve your goal.  They are just that, an aid.   You're still doing the work.

Many quitters here have used various aids to be successful.  You are not getting the same amount of nicotine and it is absorbed differently than smoking.  The nicotine from a cigarette goes directly to your brain in seconds.  The lozenges take 20 -30 minutes to be absorbed into the blood stream.

Follow the directions to wean off them and you'll be fine.

Glad your finding success  dealing with the stressors in life without smoking.  In time we learn that smoking really wasn't helping us to deal with stress the way we thought it was.

Keep up the good work.

Barb

0 Kudos
Snowdoggie

@jmarc988 Way to go!!! 9 days is great!!!🌋🌋🌋That's great that you feel better most of the time.

Yep. Life is difficult and stressful but what we learn to do here is manage the difficulties and stress without smoking.

Make sure you reward yourself for your milestones (weeks 1,2,3 and Months 1,2,3). Keep up the good work! I'm sure you will be able to wean off the lozen. This summer.🐕