cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

rachel17

I JUST WENT FOR IT!

I quit on Sept.6th at 10:30 pm. I just did it this time without any nic replacement or anything. I couldn't rationalize putting more drugs into my body to stop the smoking. Maybe that's silly but I just wanted off the cigs period. It has been rough but I think it will be worth it for me. I want to start a healthier life no drugs, eat better, and exercise. You know everything. By drugs I don't mean illegal ones I mean medications I believe it's all really bad for you. I couldn't think like that and keep doing the one thing that I know would kill me one day. I choose life for me and my kids. Anyone else out there going cold turkey for the same reasons?

Labels (1)
25 Replies
indingrl

Most excellent britann3 congrats great job keep on keeping on YAHOOOO WE ARE SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU! Hug

0 Kudos
elvan

indingrlMarilynHbrittann3‌ I looked at the dates on this blog and the first one was 9 years ago, commented on by Rachel17 7 years ago and then goswag 4 weeks ago.  I am not sure the first two are active anymore and I also don't know if goswag is.  

Not sure if it's a current blog or discussion or whatever.

Ellen

elvan

I think Susan 57 commented and  rachel57 started the discussion...oh who knows?

MarilynH

Thanks elvan I just realized it was written 9 yrs ago, ugh I need to check the date before commenting but I just don't think of it sometimes, thanks Ellen. ♡

0 Kudos
elvan

MarilynH‌ I don't see it all the time but this time I didn't recognize ANY of the names so I looked to see the date and then checked their activity.

indingrl

Elvan thanks for sharing it was suggested to ME by Sir Mark to join groups so I could be MYSELF in Jesus name so I did cu Jesus gave ME a cold turkey quit. It's now open current group per Sir MARK owner of groups.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Wow I just realized that this blog was written 9 yrs ago, I need to start checking the date before commenting. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Your ok Marilyn. H... Sir Mark suggested I join groups so I could be MYSELF and Jesus gave me a cold turkey quit so I joined group which I believe are Sir Marks groups I believe.... anyway welcome to UPDATED QUIT COLD TURKEY GROUP. Hug

elvan

I quit cold turkey...I had lozenges but I never used them.  I got sick and just stopped smoking.  When I started to really crave cigarettes after I had been quit for a while, someone suggested that I try the patch.  I knew that the nicotine was out of my body and there was no way I was putting it back in.

Thanks for bringing the group back, indingrl

XO,

Ellen

MarilynH

I'll have to check it out indingrl, maybe tomorrow, huge cyber hug for you Diane I better try to get some sleep good night my friend and fellow Exer.