Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

tcgl

Help me quit smoking

I need tips, advice, support to quit smoking

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Beck37

Welcome to Ex!!!! Congratulations on your decision to quit. Quitting is all about your attitude. If you truly want to quit then you will. While I was smoking my very last cigarette,  I took it slow and acknowledged the fact that it was the last time I would ever smoke. Although we are here for you any time you need us, you and only you are responsible for your quit. There are no “slip ups”, only conscious decisions.

Stay out of your head. If you are thinking about cigarettes you’re going to want to smoke. You are going to experience all kinds of crazy. I suggest you read, read and read. It will give you a lot of comfort knowing what you are feeling is normal and will end. I googled a lot also. 

Everyone on this site has or is going thru the same thing you are. Our stories are all different but we are all addicts. You can so totally do this. Stay strong and amazing as you can so do this!!!

Beck

0 Kudos
Beck37

P.S. A lot of the elders live back east (therefore snoozing) so please don’t think that you are being ignored...

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  It's all here "I need tips, advice, support to quit smoking".  Pick a quit date and prepare and educate yourself in advance.  You'll be ready for every phase of your journey.  We're here for you so just reach out if you need help.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX,

You have come to the right place to get support to quit smoking. Education is the key to a successful quit.  Start first by educating yourself on addiction to nicotine. Foundation For A Successful Quit‌ this blog will give you a jump start.  Also, it is advisable to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info is www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  Quitting takes planning and preparation go to EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  to decide how you are going to go about quitting. To get help on navigating the site go to. Community He My lp‌.  Again Welcome, there is more to come.  If you have any questions you can do a search with the magnifying to respond glass type any keywords and research.  If you have any questions just ask and give us the opportunity to respond.  We are here for you. 

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex's...I am glad you made the decision to quit smoking and found us.  We are all in this journey together.  I suggest you go to My Quit Plan and read and participate in planning your quit.  It takes work, knowledge and preparation.  Now go set up your quit date.  Keep close to the site for help...and know you are taking back your Life...~ Colleen 93 DOF

AnnetteMM

How are you doing today?

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Welcome to Ex! I hope your doing all the suggested reading. Understanding this addiction is the FIRST thing you must do if you want to beat it. Read Alan Carrs book ( bast read) EASYWAY TO QUIT SMOKING. Stay active on this site and read blogs. Make a plan of action!

We can't do it for you but we will support you

YOU CAN DO IT!

elvan

Welcome to EX, you have gotten great advice.  Education about this addiction is so important, as is support and you can find both of those here.  Commitment has to come from you.  I did not use the patch, I did not use anything but I have nothing against quit smoking aides...I know many people who have successfully quit using the patch.  I think Jennifer-Quit‌ is one and JonesCarpeDiem‌ has a GREAT story about HIS experience with the patch.  

You CAN do this and we are all very willing to help you in any way that we can.  We WANT you to succeed.

Ellen