cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

pauliebob

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has constant throat clearing months after quitting? I feel like my throat is always full of mucus. I also still get light chest discomfort infrequently.

I’m 41 years old and smoked a pack or less a day for 23 years. I quit the first time in March of 2020 and spent most of this year quitting and starting again and again until i quit for good October 16 2020. The throat clearing started when I quit the first time in March and has been with me ever since. I’ve had Pulmonary Function Tests, Xrays, CT scans, Sinus surgery(which blew up when I quit in March as well) and been to pulmonologists, ENT’s, etc. No one seems to be able to find the problem. I quit in March after my whole house had a bad bout of a chest cold. It’s taken over my life and has given me extreme anxiety. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it last?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies
dsprague

I did not have it when I quit 2 weeks ago but now it seems to be becoming more. Not bad but will see a doctor if it get worse.