cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kim30

Easy Way Users

I noticed this group at the very end of the list and I think we need to bring it to the forefront. This book is the best thing that happened to me and my quit. If you are serious about becoming an ex, I highly suggest it.

I have completed 9 days already, and except for a few little whispers from the nicotine monster, I have found it to be extremely easy. Not to mention, I don't want to kill anybody (hubby is very lucky). I FEEL AWESOME!! I have no desire to stuff my face instead of smoke, and have in fact, lost 2 lbs in the past week. The walking certainly helps.

Anyway, just wanted to post my two cents on this group, in hopes that others that have quit using this method will post theirs. It's a shame for this book not to be known to everyone serious about quitting.

Best of luck to all.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
88 Replies
whitsboys

I quit using the webinar  - twice... I am going through a divorce and keep going back to the smokes even though the Allen Carr easy way made so much sense.  I watched it again for the 2nd time a few weeks ago and stopped for another 2 weeks.  I'm smoking again this week.  I would love advice from the easy way grads.  I'm so tired of this!  I only smoke when alone and at home...in a cold space that is not comfortable.  It just does not make sense.  

0 Kudos
hunter2

Whitsboy,

When I quit, I read from the book on a daily basis.  It really helped.  I don't know if you can keep access to the Webinar or not.  If you can, I'd suggest continuing to watch it.   

Also, you could buy the book.

Thirdly, instead of going back to the cigs, everytime you think about smokes, remember how happy you are to now be smoke free.

Let's keep talking.

Hunter

0 Kudos
kate8

I checked Allen Carr's book out at the library. And I stopped smoking. I then had to check it out again, while also using whyquit.com to help with the first 72 hours. Today I will check it out for the 3rd and hopefully the last time. I have been quit 1 month, 2 days, 23 hours, 53 minutes and 12 seconds. I have not smoked 824 cigarettes. I have saved 2 days, 20 hours, and 40 seconds of my life.

Even though I do still seem to be having some problems with my Junkie Brain, I am completely loving being smoke free. There are so many new smells and taste that I just can't believe it. Some of the smells take me all the way back to 13, before I ever smoked, smelling the air, the rain, the cut grass. Ahhhhhhh, what wonderful smells.  I cringe when I smell fresh smoke on anyones clothes. I really let myself smell that way? Ewwwwww.

I will be reading Easy Way to Quit Smoking from front to back again starting today. We are Smoke Free.....................Yay.......................Breath Deep, Hug Hard and Live Smoke Free.

0 Kudos
cosmoqueen

I have just received some books from him and I really think they are awesome.  I quit cold turkey a month ago due to health issues (I couldn't inhale a cig) but I bought the book for my boyfriend (I don't think he's ready yet and hasn't picked it up).  I have just started his book on quitting drinking.  He is so information and really has a way of making you understand that it is all in your head and you can control anything.  He is amazing and I am on a mission to get all my smoking friends to read his book.  I hope it helps all of you - or I should say - it WILL help anyone who is ready to quit.  

0 Kudos
kate8

Thats it cosmoqueen. It is all in our heads. I cannot believe how much our thoughts can control us. And I always said I didn't do drugs. Especially any thing that would affect my head. I never in a millon years believed that my cigarettes were doing that. Really it was only when quitting that I could tell. But I'm off of them now and I don't ever want to go back. YAY For US. We kicked the nicotine habit in the butt.
0 Kudos
mater

I haven't' read his book but I am open to every avenue that will enable me to quit and stay quit.

mater

0 Kudos
lois2

i have read AllenCarr's book it does make a lot of since,  i need to quit again, i should read the book again. did you quit cold turkey?

0 Kudos
angeleyes

can you get the book at the libary ? I need a lot of help right now i smoke and use an e cig  HELP

0 Kudos
cosmoqueen

Yes Lois, I think you should re-read it....slowly this time, so that you grasp everything he is saying and your mind is understanding it.   I quit cold turkey because I was sick and could not inhale a cigarette or use my inhaler (for COPD) - I just choked and coughed and it hurt to inhale air even.  I did not go through a bad withdrawal - I knew after a few days that I would never smoke again.  The few times I thought "I need a cigarette" - I then remembered that I quit, and the little craving went away.   It all leaves you quite quickly and if you get busy and go do something, you forgot that you wanted one.  It's all mind over matter - you gain control over your life and kick Nicotine in the butt.  Remember, Nicotine is a drug that causes addiction and you are under it's influence for 3 days only after you quit - that's when you need to be the strongest  and do whatever you can to overcome the cravings.  I did eat carrot sticks with fat free dip for a while - that helped  quite a bit.  Whatever works for you - do it.  

I'm not sure if your local library has the book, but go ahead and call them to find out.  

0 Kudos
erin21

This is the second time I've quit cold turkey and used this book. I didn't finish it the first time. I'm halfway through now but already 8 days smoke free. I am very curious as to what his "instructions" will end up being. It is certainly helpful in that it reminds me why it is so stupid to smoke and that it doesn't make me a bad person that I did it. But, as I read I wonder exactly what the big conclusion will be.

0 Kudos