cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kim30

Easy Way Users

I noticed this group at the very end of the list and I think we need to bring it to the forefront. This book is the best thing that happened to me and my quit. If you are serious about becoming an ex, I highly suggest it.

I have completed 9 days already, and except for a few little whispers from the nicotine monster, I have found it to be extremely easy. Not to mention, I don't want to kill anybody (hubby is very lucky). I FEEL AWESOME!! I have no desire to stuff my face instead of smoke, and have in fact, lost 2 lbs in the past week. The walking certainly helps.

Anyway, just wanted to post my two cents on this group, in hopes that others that have quit using this method will post theirs. It's a shame for this book not to be known to everyone serious about quitting.

Best of luck to all.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
88 Replies

It was the same for me ... so I've followed the advices in the book and I've read it again few weks later ....and I quit ... and I've read it again twice because it was difficult for me .. I knew it was the right decision but a remember was mandatory.
0 Kudos
jlx3

I carry the little book of quitting in my purse and when I want a cigarette, I just start reading the pages ntil the urge pases. The info in the book reaffirms my goal.
0 Kudos
suzimac

Hi Everyone, I'm Sue, new to the group. I am currently reading EASYWAY, and today I set my quit date for 9-9-09. I also bought the book on audio so I can "read" in the car, I do a lot of driving everyday, smoking and driving, so I hope I have all the bases covered. Looking forward to ALL our successes !!!!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Beware the nicotine monster!
0 Kudos
tpease

what is Allen Carr's Method?

0 Kudos
ma52060

i would like to know the same thing

0 Kudos
hunter2

Hi,

I quit using his system.  I read his book, in which he tells you to keep smoking as you read.  When you finish the book's last page, you smoke your last cigarette.  Then you are a non-smoker.  

I smoked for 18 years, a pack a day.  Non of the suggestions on this Website worked for me.  Allen Carr's method, however, did work.  It worked wonders.  It was the easiest and most enjoyable way to quit.  

Sounds crazy I know, but what do we and you have to lose since you get to smoke the whole time you quit!!

Here's some more info:  Allen Carr's Website.

Play around on the Website.  Check out some of the videos the site offers for free. 

I promise you, they have success rates from 50 to 90 percent.

This system works!!!

0 Kudos
kate8

I too quit smoking cold turkey and Allen Carrs book plunged me into a quit that I know I can handle. He gave me what was missing to get this job done. Easy Way to Quit Smoking is sooooooooooooooooooooo Awesome. You've got to read it, if you really want to quit.

0 Kudos
hunter2

Kate,

I know! Isn't Allen's book a Godsend? I never thought I had any hope . . . until I found his book.

Then it became as easy as 1, 2, 3.  

So simple.  

Hunter

0 Kudos
ebbrewer84

Love it love it love it!!  Best thing that has ever happened to me.  I have been smoke free for a month..I am finally free.
0 Kudos