cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nancympearson

Cold Turkey Quitters

Ann, I didn't do the tracking. I just quit. I think they help but I wanted to quit when my courage allowed me to quit. If it feels right for you, do the tracking. It might get you to relax and get you used to quitting and it can take some of the fear away. It sure wouldn't hurt to do it. Stay close to this site and focus on the positive. Nancy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
647 Replies
kloud9

i am a cold turkey QUITTER, (Don't Smoker). with 31 Days in. Cold Turkey is my preffered method of QUTTIN'.    I Kicked NicoDemon Ass And Hope every one on Ex Does too. And That Goes Double for the Cold Turkey QUITTERS !!!

0 Kudos
sunshine76-2

Hello my name Sunshine76 and Been addictive to black and milds for 5 years use to be addictive to cigarettes up until Dec of 2008 with the help of Acupuncture Never knew so much information about how bad black and milds r until I went Cold Turkey on January 26,2014 took my last drag at little aft 11p havent smoke since this weekend was so heck it yesterday made one 1week and I want to smoke so bad my 11 year old son who is autism just flip out my mind was racing it even bother me today i went to the gas station and brought a single black and mild and when I got home I just broke down crying calling on Jesus to take the wheel and with that say I didnt smoke the one i got early i just got online reading about the good benfit im getting from not smoking which made me feel better now just read other people quit story got me feeling good to know we r out here like a big family and can support each other and not judge each other wishing everyone good luck on not smoking may God blessed all of us

0 Kudos
tressa3

I don't want to quit by using a different type of Nicotine. I'm new to this EX site and I need ALL the help I can get. I started quitting last Tuesday, March 26, 2014 and I keep slipping up and it's driving me nuts. I set a new day. By the grace of God and the help of other quitters, I CAN DO THIS!!

0 Kudos
samanthad

i am tryin to quit smoking without usin any help aids. the only thing i want to use is sugarless gum. anyone else got ideas.

0 Kudos

i am new to this site and decided to quit on august, hope i can stick together

0 Kudos
minnie56mouse

i am writing down every day i don't smoke and every urge i have to smoke but don't. sometimes just writing it down or saying it aloud helps

kathy6277

I have quit cold turkey....  today is my first day and I am not doing so well.  I am very sad and tired and am sitting at work with absolutely no energy.......

0 Kudos
krista79

I quit for 11 days and relapsed now i am gonna do again ... I had a heart attack and smoke one cig a day will still kill me i cant seem to let go
0 Kudos
krista79

I quit for 11 days and relapsed now i am gonna do again ... I had a heart attack and smoke one cig a day will still kill me i cant seem to let go
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How many Cold Turkey Quitters are still with us? We'd love to hear from you!  Anyone use /blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2013/06/10/a-smart-turkey?sr=search&searchId=7c7f1a83-ec62-4585-ba87-8b82eadff0d...

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team