Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

JuliePatricia

Has anyone had any luck with Chentix? 

I will start taking it tomorrow

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Lisastiner

Not a medical professional here,  but the explanation was dumbed down for me as: it stops the switches in your brain from getting all the good/reward factor from the cigarettes. Like I said, dumbed down. I know one person personally that quit with nothing but that and willpower. I thought I could too. My failure and slipping back to smoking was after I stopped taking it, so I feel like it did all it could do. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Lisastiner  Sorry, not sure what's happening with you.  Are you saying the Chantix didn't work?   Every aid requires some work.  I know, I've tried them all, but didn't do the work to quit before.

Barb

0 Kudos
JuliePatricia

No the medicine didn't work. I tried for 2 weeks and got very sick to my stomach. I'm trying the lozenges now. Their working so far.  Thanks for your support.   I'm very bummed and disappointed in myself.  

0 Kudos
JuliePatricia

I really appreciated your support Barb! 

0 Kudos
nevergiveup

Chantix worked for me on a previous quit. Cutting the pills in half once you get to step 2 definitely helped with the nauseousness 🤢. My stomach couldn't handle a full dose. Took time for it to work though.

Lisastiner

Sorry for the confusion. I did take the chantix for the full time,  and I did quit. About a month after stopping the medication I slipped and started smoking again. I feel like the chantix did it’s job,  and worked very well. I’m the one that didn’t do enough not to start again. 
what I also mentioned is that I new a person that used chantix and just her own will power and she was able to quit for good. 

Scotta88

It has been good for me.  It helps with curving the cravings you might experience.  I would not hesitate to to try it.