cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

liz19

Chantix?

OK so I am on my 4th day of Chantix. I have been doing the online support and cutting back as my actual quit day approaches. I even came to check out this site as some added support. My hubby still smokes, and doesn't understand why I'm all about the quit. So, someone, please tell me this Chantix stuff really will work?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sandi6

You might want to talk to your Dr - how long have you been taking the CHANTIX? I know that there is a difference in cravings, and urges. I still have the "urge" but that is strictly habits I am still breaking. But please don't give up!
0 Kudos
suetrue

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for your reply. I am on my 2 prescripition of chantix now. Which means i am going on 4 months of taking chantix. It hasn't been all together though. I took it for a month then thought it was safe to get off but i was wrong. I smoked after that for a few weeks then got on it again. I had some problems that I thought were caused from chantix (chest pains). I went to the doctor and he did tests and they turned out ok. However, I was still scared to take chantix and went to wellbrutin instead. That didn't help me much so I put myself back on chantix for I still had 1 refill left. Now I am taking chantix that my friend gave me. I tried to stop, but the cravings were so strong that before I started smoking again I started back on chantix. I am only taking 1 pill a day though.
0 Kudos
sandi6

Hey there!
I also have had some health issues since quitting smoking - iinfected lymph nodes, sinisitis, fatigue,weight gain, etc. I really think alot of this is due to the lack of nicotine in my system. I smoked for 39 years. I am now 92 days smoke free, and still have some fatigue, and stuff. But I am willing to go through these things, if I can ultimately be totally quit! Just hang in there. Of course, the CHANTIX may not be the answer for you. So, might want to rethink your options - not making smoking one of your options!!!! Have a good day - I am here if you need to "VENT".
Sandi
0 Kudos