cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
cindy16

Try to exercxise in the evening. Keep busy. Clean the bathroom after dinner if you have too. Come on here. I will be on tonight if you want to talk. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sheryl, How are you doing today? Me good. Today is day 17 and feeling good. I work today but will be on after 3 this afternoon. I hope your day goes good. Cindy
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hi Cindy, so far so good today. I found last evening hard. I see a pattern already....right after supper and on and off in the evening I have got cravings. I sure hope my Day 3 is not as bad as others have experienced.
  I am also starting to have problems sleeping and then I get these crazy dreams.

Sure hope you keep doing such a good job. WTG and I am so proud of you and also getting fit at the same time.

Sheryl
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sheryl, How are you doing? Me good. Busy day today. Probaly good keeps me busy. I have been exercising. Now my legs hurts. Just the left one. I still plan on doing a little this morning. I want to stay the same size after quitting. I know alot of people gain alot of weight.A few pounds is ok, too miuch is not good. When I went to the doctor I gained 3 lbs. I want to keeep at 3lbs no more than 5lbs.Did you have wild dreams last night? I was fine. I took my pill at 6 and was fine last night. I slept really good last night. I really have to be better at making sure I take the pill in the early evening. My sleeping is much better. Post a message later. I will be home from work at 3:20. I will be on before work too. I do not start work till 10am.
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hi Cindy.....thanks for writing. Sounds like you are doing well and that is super. Don't go exercising too much that you hurt yourself. I did some exercise yesterday as well. Felt a bit stressed so I climbed up and down the apartment stairs and did the hallways. It was not pleasant outside...snowing and blowing so this was second best.

Actually yesterday was pretty good for Day 3. I only had feelings like I was missing my friend last night and staying away from food was my biggest battle. Gad, I can't afford to gain weight....I am already overweight because of a malfunctioning thyroid. The thyroid is ok now but the weight hasn't gone away so that is a battle I face as well.

Hope your day is great and another with fresh, smokeless air.

Sheryl
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sheryl, Yep today is going good. No just doing a bit in the morning and night. Helps me sleep too. I have been exercising in the house too. Cold here too. I have to take my little one to basketball. I will come on later. I'm glad you are doing good today. Keep it up. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Godo Morning Sheryl, Jow is it going? Day 19 for me and doing great. It is going to be great on Thanksgiving. I will be able to go to my sisters and not be concerned about going outside to smoke. This quit is going so great. I hope you have a great day. I will be on later after work. Cindy
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hi Cindy, I am doing great. I still have a lingering migraine and wish the heck it would go away but as far as smoking I am doing better than I expected. Isn't it going to be wonderful for you to enjoy Thanksgiving without having to go outside. That is usually me as well. Always made me feel like an outsider and a slave to my habit. Keep up the good work. Sheryl
0 Kudos
michael45

I went 48 hours without a pill... Its been exactly one month of taking Chantix...
  I took one today because I am not ready to quit chanix all together... I just dont want to replace one addiction with another.... I never thought I would "not follow the prescription" I have 3 pharms in the family who advise against it... but It is working for me... zero upset stomachs, dreams are not as active... and 3 weeks without nicotine.
  good luck to all....
0 Kudos
sheryl2

WTG Michael. I don't think I will even try to get off the pills early. I had a friend who tried and was back on them in a couple of days as well. It is surprizing how long the urge for smoking lasts and being on Chantix makes it way more comfortable. Keep up the good work.
0 Kudos