cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
sheryl2

Congrats Kelli. You are doing very good and I am proud of you. Keep up the good work and it is wonderful your hubby quit the same time and that you can be supportive of each other.
0 Kudos
brian39

So much going on with everyone. So tell me how many other websites can you learn so much about people. I love this place and everyone on here. Spunkie by the time you hit a year you are going to have a page long sign off. But who cares right, Chrissy you need a nice long night of rest and sleep hope your feeling better. Libby hows the home life doing. Lois glad your test are coming out neg. how awesome is that. Heather you will do fine if you want it bad enough. You have to have your heart into your quit. Let us know how you are doing
0 Kudos
spunkie

Oh Libby I just had to own it I loved it so much. Brian wants my to make my sign off longer I will have to work on that one ... Been on the computer almost all day did wash clothes and make Chille. Getting ready to eat some ... take care everyone.

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT ... JUST... PAYING IT FORWARD !!!
0 Kudos
lois2

EVERY BODY is a sweet heart, i will get the ct-scan on firday,i hope all will stay smoke free for my self, i will HEATHER give it your best shot, we will pray for you ,Chrissy i hope you are not getting sick , does any one else fell tired all the time, i do ,WELL I AM NOT 20 ANY MORE HA HA
0 Kudos
jamie2

Thanks for replying Cindy. I'm sorry that you are not feeling happy. Unfortunately drugs have side effects and ones that work on your brain can play some nasty mind games with you. Remember that these feelings are only temporary! I'm sure that you will start feeling better soon.

I took Chantix twice and it worked very well. What is worrying me is that I still have the cravings and I am NOT having the side effects. I hated the dreams and disruptive sleep but since I have cravings and I'm sleeping fine, I'm worried that it is not working for me. I hope that it just takes longer to kick-in and will work better soon. Good luck with everything!
0 Kudos

On day 15 of Chantix and struggling to quit that last 1 or 2 cigs. Last night was really bad because I had a fight with my fiance, but I am recomitted today. I have not set my quit day yet am still tracking my triggers and working on separating and not smoking.
0 Kudos
chrissy5

SPUNKIE, Yesterday After I Got Off Of The Computer I Just Layed On The Couch All Day Long. Today I Feel A Little Bit Better. But I Am Now Caughing A Little More. I Am Glad That I Am Not Smoking, That Would Make Me Feel Worse. LIBBY, I Am Yet To See That Movie 🙂 BRIAN, Thanks I Did Get A Nice Deep 6 Straight Hours Of Sleep Then Another 4 🙂 SPUNKIE, On Monday I Made Chicken And Veggie Soup Not Knowing That Tuesday I Was Going To Be So Sick. But Today I Think That I Am Feeling A Little Bit Better, Thank God. HEATHER, You Can Do It.
0 Kudos
jamie2

Hi Everyone, I have a question. I have had two previous attempts at quitting with Chantix that were both fairly successful. Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way that one smoke is impossible for me.

I have started taking it a 3rd time but it does not seem to be working as well for me. I still have cravings like crazy. Does anyone know if it takes longer to kick in after you've used it twice?

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
cindy6

Jamie,

That is a great question and I was actually wondering the same thing. This is my second attempt to quit with Chantix. The first time worked great. I didn't have any side effects at all and after about the first week I didn't feel a NEED for cigarettes. I stayed quit for 9 months. This time, the Chantix doesn't seem to be working as well. The first couple days were great just like last time. I immediately noticed a decrease in my desire and need to smoke. That only lasted a couple days. I'm on day 13 and at times the cravings have been almost unbearable. I have come so close to smoking in the last couple days that it really scares me. I did not have this extreme struggle the last time. Not only that, but I have been so tired and sleeping a lot. It isn't very peaceful sleep though because of all the obnoxious dreams I have been having. Even though I'm taking an antidepressant, I find myself crying and feeling sorry for myself a lot. So far I don't FEEL good like I remember feeling the last time. I hope that I start to feel good soon. I don't ever want to have to go through this again and I know that if I smoke that is exactly where I will be putting myself. Knowing that is the only thing saving me right now.
0 Kudos
brian39

Jamie just by what I have heard from other quitters who used Chantix 3 times or more it will take longer for you to feel the effects but that doesn't mean it isn't working. If your having no side effects I would take the chantix for 6 months. The benefits of taking it that long are huge. Cindy your right with how you are feeling. Not every quit is the same. In fact each time you quit can be harder then the last time. Also its very hard to remember pain so in our minds the last quit always seemed easier. Heather we are never ready to quit. I would set that date asap. If your down to 1or 2 your there. Its not going to go down no more till you quit.
0 Kudos