cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
lois2

my quit date is the 8 of OCT,  i will be strong

0 Kudos

I felt really groggy throughout most of the month I used chantix... I'm 43 days smoke free!!! and going strong!

0 Kudos
gavton

Today is day 2.  Day 1 was pretty smooth, but its time to buckle up....

0 Kudos
charliej

gavton....chantix works !  You are going to have to really knuckle down this first week but you can do it.  Chantix will make hell week a little better.  After that, you just have to want to stay quit.  It's worth it.

0 Kudos
dove51

I have found myself tired with the Chantix but not lethargic.  Just falling asleep early in the evening. The nausea is the worst part. Boy , if you don't take it on a full stomach, it is bad. It is really helping overall. I don't think i could do without it and it is still hard with it. I really respect the people who can "cold turkey". I couldn't do it. I admit , i need help. Today is day 16. Starting to see my will power wane at times but doing ok.

0 Kudos
andrea32

My quit date is Jan 7 2011. I quit earlier this year while home on foot surgery (bad idea), and my dr prescribed Chantix. I used it for a week and couldn't take it. I was nauesous in the am, groggy throughout the day and could not sleep. I would wake up crazy eyed and felt like my skin was crawling. I still have the Px and am taking half a pill in am and half a pill in the pm. This takes the edge off but no bizarre side effects. 

0 Kudos
lois2

i quit for 6 months on chantix, i think it is great, but i took a puff and i am smoking again, my new quit date is 1-1-11,

0 Kudos
pojo

Hello ya all.  My name is Pojo and in 3 days, I will be smoke free for 1 year!  I smoked for 39 yrs 2 packs a day and quit using Chantix.  I only needed it for 3 1/2 months.  I feel GREAT!  I am reading all the responses and have to say that I did not feel groggy while using Chantix at all but in fact found it to be quit a "pick me up" and I actually had more energy.  That grogginess you are experiencing is actually the nicotine leaving the blood stream.  Although the nicotine is completely gone out of the blood stream after not smoking for 3 days...it takes awhile for the body to "readjust" itself.  I have had MANY changes...but DON'T WORRY....it's all good.  Hit me up if any of you want to be friends and good luck to everyone! 

0 Kudos
indy32

I joined this site today 1/1/11, what a new beginning.  I've been on Chantix for 6 weeks now and quit smoking 4 weeks ago.  It has been a miracle drug with no side effects with the exception of a little nausia if I don't eat, but taking a Tum helps every time.  I resisted taking this drug for a couple of years, but with 8 years of trying everything else this has proved to be a miracle drug.  I was recommended to this group for Chantix discussions.  I am already worried about getting off of it with no intentions to get off for at least 4 months.  Will need some coaching and support when the time comes, but for now I have no complaints except this overwhelming desire for "something".  Seems to be food but nothing excites me in the food area.  Finding just eating and filling up seems to work.  Still having that feeling of discomfort and unsatsfaction.  Anyone else have this gnawing feeling?  I look at is a my black hole that nothing can fill.  Must be issues smoking covered up,,,huh?

0 Kudos
lois2

i am going to get a RX for chanix that is the only thing thats helps me quit, 

0 Kudos