cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
cheryl14

DAY 18 AND I'M REALLY SUPRISING MYSELF! MY CRAVINGS COME BUT BY THE TIME I TELL MYSELF I DON'T NEED IT, THEY ARE GONE. I KNOW I MUST BE LUCKY. I DON'T THINK I COULD DO IT WITHOUT THE CHANTIX. I AM GOING TO CONTINUE TO TAKE IT AT LEAST THE 12 WEEKS. THAT IS WHERE MY SISTER MADE HER MISTAKE. AFTER SHE STOPPED COUGHING & FEELING PRETTY GOOD, SHE STOPPED THE PILLS. SHE STARTED SMOKING SZGAIN SOON AFTER. THIS IS HER THIRD TIME & IS DOING GREAT. PLUS HAVING ME QUIT WITH HER HELPS. THAT IS WHY THIS GROUP IS SO IMPORTANT. EVEN WITH THE PILLS, YOU NEED THE PATS ON THE BACK TO KEEP YOU GOING. PLUS IT REALLY HELPS TO HEAR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE REACTING TO. SO WITH YOU GUYS AND TEN MORE WEEKS ON CHANTIX, I THINK I'LL MAKE IT! EVERYBODY HANG IN THERE WITH ME!
0 Kudos
cindy16

I'm going to finish the entire 12 weeks. My pharmacist acts like it is perfectly safe. I have had no adverse side effects. I'm going to follow the program exactly. Cindy
0 Kudos
sandy-martin

I am on day 4 of the chantix,still smoking alittle but can tell I dont think about it as much and they kind of taste bad my quit date is the 25th.No side effects so far.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Go Sandy, That is good no side effects. Start changing habits. You are going to do great when you quit. Today is day 20 for me. I'm going to follow the directions and take for 12 weeks. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sheryl, How are you?? Me good. Today is day 20 and doing great. I just wanted toheck and see how you are doing. Cindy
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hey Cindy, so far so good. I am on Day 6 now and honestly I barely think about it during the day. Now if I can get my evenings under control. I am eating all the time to compensate for it and this will never do. Glad to hear you are doing great.

Hope you have a nice weekend. Sheryl
0 Kudos
cindy16

Yo uare doing great. I hardly think about it either. I had a few cravings today. Maybe becuase it is Saturday, who knows. My husband smokes but he is working so not sure why the craviings. But nothing I can't handle. I hope your weekend goes well too. Cindy
0 Kudos
craig

Erica...All med's react differently with everyone. Chantix can have that effect but the occasions of it are minimal. Check with your Dr. and if you get the green light and are still worried about, talk with a family member once you start and be open with them about how it makes you feel. Sometimesit's easier for someone else to see the onset of a problem than for you to see it for yourself. I've been taking Chantix for a while myself and have no side effects. Not even nausea or "vivid dreams". Best of luck to you and do your research!!!
0 Kudos
shannon3

Cheryl....

Your info about the Chantix was really helpful to me. I kept looking to see the side effects of the different meds (doing my homework??) as I have to be very careful because I recently finished 48 weeks of "chemo" for Hep C. Those side effects turned me into a zombie for months, so perhaps a 12 week course of Chantix won't be so bad? I really enjoy reading all the questions and answers and personal experiences on this website. Kudos to you all!!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi, Sheryl, How are you doing today? Me good. Day 21. YEA!!!!!!!!! Cindy
0 Kudos