cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Chantix: Pregnant and wanting to quit vaping

I used chantix in the past and it helped me quit smoking. Stress, however, led me back to smoking. Then I quit smoking and began vaping. I am 8 weeks pregnant with twins. My first pregnancy! Would love to quit vaping! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to EX. Glad to hear you want to do whats best for your health and the health of your twins. So glad you posted looking for assistance.

Looks like you are already subscribed to our Pregnancy focused text messages. Please also connect with an EX Coach since you have that available to you as well. 

There are some other posts here on the EX Community about being pregnant and quitting. You may find general information and support from the many successful quitters who are here and pay it forward to new quitters as beneficial towards your quit journey. Don't let yourself to be limited to just the pregnancy related posts here on the EX Community

We also have a page to help with Pregnant Quitters that is not part of the community.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

• @alishadawn1218 Welcome! Wanting to quit is the first step that each of us took on our quitting journeys!  Check out Allan Carr’s book Easy Way to Quit Smoking and all of the great advice on this site.   
Barbscloud

@alishadawn1218 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Congrats on the twins.  It's not only the best thing you can do for them, it's the best thing you can do for yourself.  

I have numerous attempts at quitting and it finally took me 50 years to get it right.  What was different this time?  I had a quit date, an aid, a class and cut down for a week. Sounds like a road to success.  I was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I learned about nicotine addiction and that I needed a plan that would prepare for what I was going to encounter on my journey.  And for the first time, I had the support of fellow quitters.

Take the time to learn how to do this.  Part of it is mindset and part of it is hands on work identifying triggers, what tools you'll use, what associations you'll create instead of smoking, etc.   Spend time on the site, getting a well as giving support.  The early days take commitment so why not have other quitters to help you deal with the up and downs of this journey.

This link is a great place to start

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you so reach out anytime we can help.  Going for walk if your able,  is a great way to refocus your thinking and get an added boost of dopamine.   Spend time on the site when you need it the most 

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 5th.  Begin your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos