cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Nlking86

Bupropion and patches

What is the best way to start with these? I have my patches and should have my script in a day or two. I have sit back on smoking but not sure how to start my regimen to get to smoke free. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Barbscloud

@Nlking86 Welcome to the Ex.   I used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers.  First step is to read the directions.  You'll begin using the Welbutrin about 2 weeks before you quit smoking.  Don't use the patches until you actually quit.

This is a great time to prepare for your quit.  Read lots of material on the site to learn about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation has been the key for many successful quit.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

I see you have a quit date and you're getting your aids in place.  Congrats on taking the first step on your journey.

We're here for you and want you to be successful.  Reach out anytime we can help or you want to share your experience.

One day at a time will get you to where you want to be.

Barb

Nlking86

Thank you so much!! I should start the bupropion first for about 2 weeks then  stop smoking all together and start the patches not both at the same time right. If I understand correctly. Thank you that is more info then the dr gave me 🙂 I appreciate your response. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. 

Barbscloud

@Nlking86 Yes.   Nervous can be part of quitting for many of us.  We've smoked our way through life--good or bad.  Approaching your quit one day at  time we help to alleviate any fears.   

Stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Nlking86 How are you doing?

Barb

0 Kudos
Nlking86

Thank you for checking in! I am doing great!! Cigarette free since 5/15 and no longer using bupropion or the patches!!

Barbscloud

@Nlking86 That is fabulous news.  So happy to hear of your success. 

Thanks for the update.

Barb

0 Kudos