cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

sabaka3434

Back to quitting and using Smoking app as motivation

I quit smoking cold turkey last year and used a quit smoking app- was motivation to see every day how things in my body were going back to normal, and how much money I was saving every day/week/year!  Pushed me to keep going.  Got depressed and started again😬😬. Quitting for good Feb 14!  App is downloaded and ready.  I’ll be here for help a lot!!!!

7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What else other than stats did the app provide that motivated you? Did it educate you about addiction and provide ideas on getting through cravings?

EX Community Admin Team
sabaka3434

Has a spot to put your triggers so you know what to watch for and can track.

also a Facebook page/group- kind of like this I would guess- just support.  I joined as there may be new ideas/suggestions to help.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Track your Tobacco 

Beat your Triggers

@sabaka3434 Here are two links for you for our tools here on EX.

EX Community Admin Team
sabaka3434

super info- thank you!!!!!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sabaka3434 How are things going?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@sabaka3434 Welcome to the Ex.  Glad you found us.  Have you done the education about nicotine addiction?   How about a quit plan with the tools you'll use to succeed and the new associations you'll create instead of smoking?    Knowledge and preparation made the difference for me.

This link with give you more information, tools, how to cope with craving, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Remember "I don't do that anymore".  Life is going to happen whether we smoke or not. We're here to support you, so just reach out.  

What a great way to celebrate Valentines Day by loving yourself.  Look forward to celebrating our first day with you.

Stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Lindarivera

I quit for a year and then injured my back - I got so depressed and was in so much pain - I took a drag off my nephews cig.  Then I bummed one before you knew it I was smoking again. I felt guilty for starting again but I didn’t try to quit again now it’s 2 years later . I’m back on here trying again! My biggest fear is failing again and disappointing everyone again.

it’s crazy that I afraid to quit but I’m also afraid of what I’m doing to my health when I smoke !

0 Kudos