Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

vlxedits

Back To Vaping

I quit weed for 9 months, came back to vaping nic for three months

I quit nic for three months, came back to nic for a few weeks

Quit for a month, came back for a week

Quit for 3 weeks, now Ive been back for two days.

My dad is severely addicted to vaping and it's all over the house. My brother does it, his friends do it, my friend online does it. I see people doing it in tv shows, video games, my favorite rapper does it.

So now it's day 1.5 and I've already vaped 10ml or so. Stomach feels like shit. Feeling ashamed of myself.

Only reason I started was cause I feel like a loser. I keep waking up for an hour and having no idea what I woke up for, so I immediately want to go back to sleep.

So I thought, fuck it, just vape. So I stole my dads.

Gonna quit again, just don't know why I should do it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
66 Replies
indingrl

Electronic cigarettes: Not a safe way to light up - Mayo Clinic 

Education is the key - FACTS not feelings - I believe YOU will be a NON VAPER

Barbscloud

I get that.  This isn't easy, but sometimes you have to push yourself and find a way to stay busy.  I would just go out the door and walk a couple of blocks.   Sorry you slipped.  I'm glad you reached out before you did, but stay close when that happens next time and get moving. We're still here for you cheering you on.

Barb

Troutnut1

Do you have other addictions as well?

vlxedits

On day 3 now, some major cravings, but I hope it gets better.

And no, I don't, besides masturbation, which I have also been quitting at the same time.

Just ate some food and I feel better. And drank a bit of coffee.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on day 3.   Stay strong and keep moving forward.

Barb

0 Kudos
vlxedits

A week strong now after slipping a few times. Today was the hardest because it's the longest ive gone in a while. Like, typing it is an understatement. The boredom and the yearn for anticipating something, and the justification because of being lonely, etc. But i did it.

I have a vape with 0mg inside, and chew nicotine gum. I miss nic vaping a lot. 

SuzyQ411

congrats corner to corner.png

A week free of vaping nicotine!

What great news!!

Sounds like you have a good plan going!! 

Stick with it, on day at a time 

0 Kudos
vlxedits

I have not even vaped 0mg today. Nothing. Just wondering, are things supposed to feel so slow and unexciting?

YoungAtHeart

"slow and unexciting"

is a GOOD thing.  Better than craving and pacing and wanting to vape and craving and pacing and wanting to vape  - no?"

Congrats on giving the vaping up entirely.  That is a BIG deal!  Proud of you.

Keep at it!

Augustus44

I don't know where you are today, but I'm hoping that you are not vaping, or chewing nic gum, --both are just keeping that nicotine in your body and keeping the craving strong. i don't know if you've read Carr's book ( recommended by so many people here) but after I lapsed from a year of freedom, I read it again. It might help change your mind about what you are doing. I'm only on day 17, but I feel much better, and the cravings aren't nearly as bad as they were in those first few days. I can only tell you that I now realize that a "nic fit" lasts for minutes, not hours. I just say to myself, or out loud, "Here comes a Nic Fit, do something." I then do anything that will get my mind off the fit I'm having and suddenly, I realize after a bit, that I haven't been thinking about smoking for a while. Some days, I'm getting nic fits frequently--I just got scheduled for the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine, after being on hold for three quarters of an hour, and immediately wanted a smoke--I checked my e-mail and you came up, so I thought I'd write. I'm in your corner, if you need to write. I'll help you in any way you'd like--just write to me before you vape again.

I'm told that the Vape Fix is even stronger than the cigarette one. Neither of them are any good, and you don't need either. The demon is at first, drugs, then it's psychological --the latter one is the one we have to concentrate on. 

Best to you--I'm around.