cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 21! three weeks.

Today I was clearing out my work bag and found a bunch of empty vape pods. It made me sad. Thinking about dependent I’ve been. All the thousands of pods. All the moments I’ve spent scavenging for that last pod because I didn’t realize I’d vaped so many and it’s late and I don’t want to go buy more. All the times I’ve distanced myself from family to vape secretly in the bathroom or bedroom. To get away. Always getting away. For my secret little addiction. (My husband has always known, some of my other family members do not) 

anyway today has been good overall, nausea wasn’t a big issue. A bit of vertigo. I did a big task today and my first thought was oh let me reward myself with a puff of vape. And then I remembered I DONT DO THAT ANYMORE!  And instead popped a cough drop in my mouth. Can’t say it satisfied me much but it did distract me. So hey! Win! lol. 

im seeing my brother and his wife for Christmas. They are vapers. I’m a little worried of the temptation. But I will have my biggest support with me- my husband. Who’s never vaped. So I’ll have him keep me accountable and be my cheerleader. lol. Any tips from my exers on keeping my newly recovered mind off it with my family vaping around me? I would greatly appreciate it! 

thanks for all the support as always. I truly would feel so lost without you guys.  

7 Replies
Barbscloud

@Finallyquittin Since your quit is so new, I'm not sure you'll totally keep your mind off it if people are vaping around you.  As we progress on our quits, we learn even when we have those thoughts, we don't have to act on them. Take your tools with you and have a plan. You can explain how important this quit is to you and ask them  not to vape around you. If needed, remove your self from the situation and go for a walk.

Glad you have you'll have your husband with you for support.   Enjoy your time with the family.  After your visit,  you'll return with more confidence in your quit for meeting another challenge without vaping.  And don't forget, you can reach out to the Ex if needed.

Happy to hear the nausea has improved!  

Congrats on beating that reward hit.  That's a tough one that can pop up anytime even for long term quitters.  Again, the important thing is not to act on it.

Yea for three weeks of success.

Happy Holidays 

Barb

biscuit9

@Finallyquittin  You are transitioning and I chuckled when I read "can't say it satisfied me much", and yes you win when you don't vape.  You will rely on your tools for a time.  As for being with other vapers, bring a favorite flavored drink, a hard candy, a straw to blow through, anything but vape.  You can do this and when you do it, you will be very proud of yourself for protecting YOUR body and YOUR health.  Also, I had to watch my alcohol consumption.  I've lost a quit because of alcohol, so I have to remind you.  

champsin97

Congrats on 3 weeks.  That is awesome!  I am confident that you will make it through Christmas.  Just another moment to conquer and you will be stronger for it.  If you have a weak moment just post and we'll kick ya in the butt.......ha ha.

I will most definitely be posting! And all of these are great tips. Glad to give you a chuckle. 🙂 laughing makes things do-able. Thank you guys so much for the support and wisdom. 

champsin97

Support........well hell yeah!  Wisdom..........now that's stretchin it.  😀

0 Kudos

Haha! You’ve been where I’m at now. So I’ll take all the insights I can get. 

0 Kudos
TaraQuits

Good luck. Breathe deep. Feel so proud and healthy. Free at last. You got this 

0 Kudos