Did you mean: 
terry-morache

Pet Lovers

Kodi playing in the snow
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
473 Replies
brenda61

Hi my name is Brenda and I am on 32 days of quitting cold turkey.  I have a  cat named Gel (short for Green-eyed Lady) and last week I purchased a chihuahua.  He's a little guy.  I named him Boy.  You know like Tarzan, Jane, and Boy.

I got married to my wonderful husband Bill on Valentines Day February of 2006.  I have 3 sons aged 30,26, and soon to be 17.

This has been a monumental year already.  I was diagnosed with copd in March, I'm expecting my first grandchild in July and I finally got a chihuahua that I always wanted.  I started a group on this site called New People.  Everyone I have met on this website has been absolutely wonderful and supportive.  I have a lot of good reasons to quit now.  Hi to everyone and I am looking forward to supporting others as well.

Brenda

0 Kudos
spanielmom

Hi everyone.  My name is Caroline.  I'm so glad to find this group because two of my biggest reasons for quitting are my two Springer Spaniels, Audrey (4) and Oliver (1).  It's been 18 smoke-free days now, and I feel great!  It's been a cold turkey quit, and I think the worst is now over.  And, to make things really sweet, just the other day I was noticing that the dogs have been smiling ALL the time lately.  They are naturally happy dogs, but this has been very noticeable to me.  No coincidence, they are not having to inhale the stinky fumes any longer.  They are worth it.  I am worth it.  God bless all of you.  Stay strong!  We can do it!

0 Kudos
kmongoose

I am really happily surprised I stumbled upon this group. Although I do not have pets of my own, I work in the animal caretaking field and get tons of support everyday from my furry friends. I use to work at an animal shelter, of course, at the peak of my smoking (almost a pack a day!) I NEVER smoked around those animals, but I am sure they licked it off my hands and smelled it on my shirt. Looking back, I was unknowingly doing more damage than I realized to those animals because of my habit. You guys at this group got it right, pets are an awesome way to quit for good. Hopefully soon after my quit date (June 29!) me and my boyfriend will get a puppy (he is allergic to cats, boo).

0 Kudos
luliper

I need to be smoke free to be around for my kitties they need me they don't need me with severe medical problems related to smoking .Furry friends are the best. Love my kitties Sweetie and Twinkie. They are on board with my quit. Staying close to mom and wondering why i'm not going out every hour or so to smoke. I think they don't like the smell of smoking either. I have seen Sweetie give the cigarettes dirty looks.  Can you blame him. Yuck!  Thanks Moe for starting this group. Cat lovers unite!!!!

0 Kudos
melly3

I love the kittehs!  I just wish they were able to smack me when I'm craving a smoke:)  I quit at the stroke of the New Year and am looking for all the warm fuzzies I can get and am more than happy to return the favor.  Maybe I'll save up the money I used to spend on cigarettes and buy another kitteh in a few months...I just have to convince the hubby.  Good luck to all!

0 Kudos
aztec

Hey Moe, this is cool, Cats are such funny creatures, I don't have one right now, I have two dogs but mom has three and they are cool all different, davochka is a siamese mix spayed female and she is affectionate, boregard is afixed male tabby mix with orange and white, tiger is a striped tabby, hes' just plain mean. They are mom s cats.

The most creative thing I may get done is putting on some makeup and heading out into the big world for groceries , money orders and stuff we need for the month, a ride to do it all once for the month is the goal.

so since you mentioned the creative thing, I will put some makeup on. when I paint a picture I will let you know!LOL or do some yoga, that would be creative.

Hop eeveryone gets creative doing something to entertian those cats.

Love aztec

0 Kudos
triomommy27

Hey everyone. I'm just getting my quit plan underway. I've been smoking off and on since I was 14. I'm so tired of it and I'm building excitement about this journey to better my life. I'm so determined to make 2011 one of the best years of my life!!! Moe if you went from that many smokes to being an ex we can all do this! That is incredible! I love your statements! I may adopt those to my plan too!

I just got a white persian kitten in November he is my baby! His name is Smudge and he is very pampered. Part of my quit plan is also going to improve his looks. I regularly bathe and brush him. He also has to have his eyes/face washed every day so when Im having a craving I plan to spend sometime pampering my cat. 🙂 He is such a cuddle bug!!! Thanks for starting this group!

0 Kudos
snowlilly

I rescue cats, dogs... um ........ anything with fur really.  Quitting smoking is going to allow me the extra energy (and breath) for me to run the dogs, harass the cats and maybe get one of the two trained!

0 Kudos
luliper

I think I will try to write a little blog each day on this page for this group. Wanted to tell yall about Sweetie, he is very true to his name except when he goes to the vet, which has been many times over the 10 years that he has been around. He has to be anesthetized just to have an exam. I have never in my life seen such a violent display of fear based aggression by anyone anywhere. It was like a tornado of claws, teeth and fur. They had to get a net  big rubber gloves and ultimately use the anesthesia on him .This was the first time an now every time he has to go under. Yes it does get expensive. You see he is a real adventurer. He goes outside This was not my choice but his he is very clever and an escape artist. So consequently he has been in fights, has come home with various injuries and otherwise has had many occasions to require the care of the vet. I have often wished I  had a kitty cam to see where he goes and what he does all day. I live near the woods, I have seen deer, fox, bears and it scares me to think of him out there. He would be one miserable kitty if I didn't let him out though so the dilemma....I chose his freedom and happiness. He always comes home and is the most loving faithful kitty I have known. To be continued! Just thought you may like to hear about the kitties. I have many more stories to tell about Sweetie and Twinkie, my beloved kitties.  Thanks for listening Have a great day Don't Smoke!!!  

0 Kudos
triomommy27

Hey everyone! I'm going to see  if I can post this adorable picture of Smudge! He is a doll and I'm so in love with him. He even sleeps with me!

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2ryptlz.jpg[/IMG]

0 Kudos