cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrdrae

I just quit today Really struggling right now. I'm under so much stress all the time. So this is gonna be extremely difficult I've quit before Sometimes only lasting weeks to a month And a couple times for more than a year but here I am again. So in a support you can give Is welcome Have a passion for Animals  Photography.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@lrdrae Welcome to the Ex. Congrats on this decision you've made for your physical and mental health.   Stress is one the reasons many of us have turned to smoking.  Nicotine does give you a temporary high so it does appear to ease your stress.  But it was designed to not last long so we shortly seek another hit   That's how we become addicted.  It's important to remember there will be stress in our lives whether we smoke or not.  It's learning how to deal with life without smoking is the key to success.

I quit after 50 years of smoking and many attempts at quitting.  When I found the Ex, learned how to quit for the first time  and how invaluable support was for me on this journey to become an Ex. A big part of quitting is creating new associations to replace smoking.  There's where you plan comes into play.  This link is a great place to learn about tools, cravings and creating those associations.  It's also educating yourself about nicotine addiction plays a big role in a successful quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help.  Join many of us on taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

Super congrats on your first day!   There are lots of animal lovers here so free to share your photos.  This is my current dog Charlie

IMGP0100.JPG

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

Welcome.  What tools are you using in your quit?  Straws, hard candy, lemon, licorice stick, nrt.  It's important to have a "go-to" instead of nicotine.  Some people write and read, but having a plan in place helps you be successful.  Really sorry to hear about the stress, so maybe drink stress relieving tea, as opposed to nic.  Use Meditation?   We all have stress, so you have to learn to deal with stress, without stuffing a cig in your mouth.  That's your challenge and we all want you to quit on this site, so you will get more information that will work for you.  Giving it up for good, is the best decision you can make for your health.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @lrdrae to the EX Community! So glad you posted, already some great info above. If you're new to EX and want to check out some good "classic" content on our Community, here's a few to get you started - it may be helpful to read through these when you feel a struggle: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Best-of-EX/bd-p/best-of-ex

I'm sure folks would love to see some of your photography also if you're willing to share!

If you have any technical questions, please reach out to the Admin Team.

- Sarah, The EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos