cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

My Sadie died today....

193EBDF4-2F4F-4B8C-8D0C-61CF74A23FA5.jpegMy Sadie passed away today, she was 14.. She died as she lived, on her own terms. My heart is broken.  She was my feisty girl not afraid of anything. She started going blind at 2 years old and lost all vision about 3 years ago. You would have never known she couldn’t see. She never let it slow her down or keep her from doing anything. She survived an aggressive rectal cancer 3 years ago, 2 bad knees and cushins disease. The only time I ever heard her complain thru all of this was when she was hungry and sure that I had forgotten to feed them. She was both loving and incredibly independent at the same time. It all happened so fast. Everything was okay until last night. Heavy panting, couldn’t get comfortable. This morning, the same. Wouldn’t eat her morning cookies, but ate her pills and a piece of cheese.  Couldn’t get comfortable, laid  outside (she loved the fresh air).  I picked her up, cuddled her. Told her we were going to go bye bye to buy gas and go to Sonic for her milkshake. She LOVED Sonic. She loved their mini vanilla milkshakes. I heard her come into the house. Saw her laying in the laundry room. A few minutes later I looked in on her again and noticed her head laying down and thought, good she’s finally sleeping.....  She was gone..... she didn’t get her milkshake. She didn’t say goodbye. It was so fast. She didn’t suffer. My heart is broken. 

I did not smoke. I did not drink. 

Beck

Tags (1)
80 Replies
Barbscloud

Beck, still have you in my thoughts.  To many of us, they're much more than pets. I only rescued Charlie a year ago and I'm totally crazy about him.   He's my best bud.  

Barb

Beck37

I am so thrilled to hear that news..... I know you had your difficulties in the beginning so I am beyond thrilled to know that you both worked them out. Would love you to add a photo of your Charlie. It is beyond my ability to understand people’s inabilities to see how unbelievably incredible animals are. We have never used the word “dog” in my home......

Barbscloud

Beck,  It definitely was rough at first.  I've spent a lot of time with him and had a trainer come to the house.

Here's Pee Wee and Charlie.  I lost Pee Wee in January at age 21.  I was so happy that they go along!

Barb

Beck37

I am so sorry to hear about Pee Wee....

but so excited about Charlie.... we just don’t know what they faced before they came into our loving homes. Thank you so much for putting the effort into him. You can tell by the photo that he is so much more at peace. The only positive in the loss of my Sadie is soon one more homeless pet will have a forever home....

Thanks for posting Charlie’s photo.

Beck

Mandolinrain

Sending a big your way, I am so sorry for your loss

images-3.jpeg

Beck37

Thank you.... let’s hope that’s true

Mandolinrain

Beck37  Here are some Bible Verses that give me comfort that it is true:

Isiah 11:16 and 6:9    Ecclesiastics 3:19-20

Psalm 36:6                 Luke 12:6

Job 12:10                   John 3:16

Genesis 9:9-19

Beck37

Thank you so much. I will check these out.

SuzyQ411

Haven't heard from you lately Beck37‌...wondering how you arr doing...?

Loretta39410

I am so sorry for your loss, pets are our best friends.

I have to take my **bleep**zu in on the 22th of this months I believe he has **bleep** cancer if I am right he will be put down.

I am an animal lover and it's always a heart break.

Once again so sorry for your loss