cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

My Sadie died today....

193EBDF4-2F4F-4B8C-8D0C-61CF74A23FA5.jpegMy Sadie passed away today, she was 14.. She died as she lived, on her own terms. My heart is broken.  She was my feisty girl not afraid of anything. She started going blind at 2 years old and lost all vision about 3 years ago. You would have never known she couldn’t see. She never let it slow her down or keep her from doing anything. She survived an aggressive rectal cancer 3 years ago, 2 bad knees and cushins disease. The only time I ever heard her complain thru all of this was when she was hungry and sure that I had forgotten to feed them. She was both loving and incredibly independent at the same time. It all happened so fast. Everything was okay until last night. Heavy panting, couldn’t get comfortable. This morning, the same. Wouldn’t eat her morning cookies, but ate her pills and a piece of cheese.  Couldn’t get comfortable, laid  outside (she loved the fresh air).  I picked her up, cuddled her. Told her we were going to go bye bye to buy gas and go to Sonic for her milkshake. She LOVED Sonic. She loved their mini vanilla milkshakes. I heard her come into the house. Saw her laying in the laundry room. A few minutes later I looked in on her again and noticed her head laying down and thought, good she’s finally sleeping.....  She was gone..... she didn’t get her milkshake. She didn’t say goodbye. It was so fast. She didn’t suffer. My heart is broken. 

I did not smoke. I did not drink. 

Beck

Tags (1)
80 Replies
Beck37

Thank you. She was truly a character in every wonderful way. Keep expecting her to come bounding thru the doggie door at anytime. Looking around for her next plan of action. 

maryfreecig

So sorry for your loss Beck37. It is so hard. Sadie was a true companion of the closest kind. I hope you find a measure of peace in a few days.

Beck37

Thank you. It still doesn’t seem real, permanent, forever..... she’s going to come bouncing in, barging thru the doggie door at any time....  

Beck37

An artist did this of her and I....EB823C79-E918-42BC-924F-2DEC63FA091B.jpeg

Beck37

The quiet is deafening.....

SuzyQ411

{{{HUGS }}} and love to you Beck37

Take it from me, she will never leave your heart but it does get easier over time. My Ginger and my Cricket and my Ruby still come to me at times when I least expect it, but I comfort myself in knowing they would not want me to suffer..so -- with a tear --  I carry on.

I am praying you receive some peace during this very sad time.

Beck37

Thanks so much..... it never gets easier. I still would not trade the pain for all the amazingly wonderful days I had with her. If everyone had hearts like dogs the world would be an amazing place.....

jmuzik

Dear Becky37, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my beloved Chihuahua "Chicky" last year February 16th. She was 2 weeks shy of 18.  She also had multiple health issues - heart mummer, congested heart failure, collapsed trachea and towards the end went into kidney failure.  Her medicine cost me $100 a month.  Her last day I could tell she was suffering so decided to have her put down.  I buried her on top of my late husbands grave.  I still cry over the loss of her.  I have found peace.  I did everything I could to save her because she truly enjoyed life.  Peace will also come to you.

Beck37

Thank you so much. They are truly such a huge part of our lives and their loss so difficult. I’m just kind of numb right now.....

Ziggyy

I'm sorry sorry for your loss your fur baby was beautiful! She was blessed to have a good mom like you. They are our children after all!!! May you stay strong and think of good times