cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

My Sadie died today....

193EBDF4-2F4F-4B8C-8D0C-61CF74A23FA5.jpegMy Sadie passed away today, she was 14.. She died as she lived, on her own terms. My heart is broken.  She was my feisty girl not afraid of anything. She started going blind at 2 years old and lost all vision about 3 years ago. You would have never known she couldn’t see. She never let it slow her down or keep her from doing anything. She survived an aggressive rectal cancer 3 years ago, 2 bad knees and cushins disease. The only time I ever heard her complain thru all of this was when she was hungry and sure that I had forgotten to feed them. She was both loving and incredibly independent at the same time. It all happened so fast. Everything was okay until last night. Heavy panting, couldn’t get comfortable. This morning, the same. Wouldn’t eat her morning cookies, but ate her pills and a piece of cheese.  Couldn’t get comfortable, laid  outside (she loved the fresh air).  I picked her up, cuddled her. Told her we were going to go bye bye to buy gas and go to Sonic for her milkshake. She LOVED Sonic. She loved their mini vanilla milkshakes. I heard her come into the house. Saw her laying in the laundry room. A few minutes later I looked in on her again and noticed her head laying down and thought, good she’s finally sleeping.....  She was gone..... she didn’t get her milkshake. She didn’t say goodbye. It was so fast. She didn’t suffer. My heart is broken. 

I did not smoke. I did not drink. 

Beck

Tags (1)
80 Replies
Beck37

Thank you....

MarilynH

I'm so sorry very sorry for the loss of your precious fur baby it's so hard to lose our furbabies they're part of our family. ♥

Beck37

Thank you. She and her brother Milo are my family..... 

MarilynH

bd3f8b7cb068eea76ff3956cf845a235.jpg

Beck37

Thank you so much....

Bonnie

So, so very sorry, dear.  I can't say anything more than what others have said.  Proud of you that you didn't smoke or drink.  Glad you had this forum to share your grief.  I know you will see your dear Sadie again.  R.I.P., sweet companion.

Beck37

Thanks so much. To me they aren’t ‘dogs’ they are my kids.  Their amazing powers to make everything ok, to comfort, to make you laugh... Seeing things thru their eyes. Unconditional love.

Jennifer-Quit

So sorry for your loss.

Beck37

Thanks...

beazel

She sounded like quite a character indeed.  I love 'em sweet & sassy.

I'm so sorry for your loss.Hearts Emoticons Emoticons  Beautiful girl.