cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

My Sadie died today....

193EBDF4-2F4F-4B8C-8D0C-61CF74A23FA5.jpegMy Sadie passed away today, she was 14.. She died as she lived, on her own terms. My heart is broken.  She was my feisty girl not afraid of anything. She started going blind at 2 years old and lost all vision about 3 years ago. You would have never known she couldn’t see. She never let it slow her down or keep her from doing anything. She survived an aggressive rectal cancer 3 years ago, 2 bad knees and cushins disease. The only time I ever heard her complain thru all of this was when she was hungry and sure that I had forgotten to feed them. She was both loving and incredibly independent at the same time. It all happened so fast. Everything was okay until last night. Heavy panting, couldn’t get comfortable. This morning, the same. Wouldn’t eat her morning cookies, but ate her pills and a piece of cheese.  Couldn’t get comfortable, laid  outside (she loved the fresh air).  I picked her up, cuddled her. Told her we were going to go bye bye to buy gas and go to Sonic for her milkshake. She LOVED Sonic. She loved their mini vanilla milkshakes. I heard her come into the house. Saw her laying in the laundry room. A few minutes later I looked in on her again and noticed her head laying down and thought, good she’s finally sleeping.....  She was gone..... she didn’t get her milkshake. She didn’t say goodbye. It was so fast. She didn’t suffer. My heart is broken. 

I did not smoke. I did not drink. 

Beck

Tags (1)
80 Replies
Beck37

Thanks so much.... she taught me so much. When i found out she was going blind i immediately ordered thru amazon a book on how to live with a blind dog. You know i never even opened it She met everything head on with such excitement and happiness. Her tail never stopped waggling the entire time i had her. She lived her life unafraid and game for anything. She was my hero....

SuzyQ411

sympathy on loss of a dog.jpg With Hugs and Love

sweetplt

Gotcha in my heart and prayers today Beck37 ... Colleen 

RoseH

I am soooooooo sorry!  It’s like losing a child!  Beck37‌     You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Beck37

Thank you so much....

Barbscloud

Beck37 I so sorry to hear of your loss.  I certainly know how much this hurts.   Especially now with us be isolated, my dog is my best companion.   My heart goes out to you.  She was as fortunate to have you in her life as she was in yours.

Barb

Beck37

Thank you so much... waking up to the new normal. No “vitamins” to give out. Luckily I still have my Milo, but he doesn’t demand/need as much time and attention.... Getting ready to take her little body to the hospital for cremation. Later Milo and I will go to Sonic and have a mini vanilla milkshake in her memory.....

SuzyQ411

My thoughts and prayers are with you today Beck37‌... you have a hard task to do today. A great idea for a mini vanilla shake in Sadie's memory.hug from snoopy.jpg

Beck37

Thank you.... need a hug.

Christine13

Awww........I'm so very sorry for your loss, it hurts so much to loose a cherished fur baby.