cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReallyReal

Found a Home

About 8 weeks ago a feral female gave birth to a litter of 5 under my house.  My brother and I have been socializing the kittens and the mother actually let me touch her today.  I've been so worried, trying to get the kittens into a shelter but no luck, no one has space and the shelters absolutely wouldn't take the mother.

IMG_20231031_064154.jpg

IMG_20231027_130031.jpg

Today a friend of a friend contacted me and he would like all 5 kittens and their mother to live in his barn as he has no cats and lots of mice.  I am grateful because there didn't seem to be anyone who wanted them. I know the life of a barn cat can be rough, but no one else came forward to offer a home and I am relieved. This has been stressful as I've been trying to figure this out.  The victory is the family of kitties will have a home.  I am afraid some people will disapprove of this placement but it is the best I could do for the cats.  The family also has two children who want kittens as pets.

4 Replies
biscuit9

Those are beautiful cats. Love the black/white ones.  I think the cats are going to have a good home.  It would be good if the new owner can spay/neuter, but that takes some work.  Also, finding a place that will spay/neuter cats at a reasonable price takes some work!  Good for you for caring enough about them to find them a home.  My Uncle used to have a dairy farm and he had alot of those black/white cats.  Noone played with the cats, but I guarantee you they had a good home and they looked healthy.

ReallyReal

@biscuit9 thank you so much.  It helps ease my mind to hear about your uncle's cats having a good home and being healthy.  I've been praying for a home for all of the kittens and this answers my prayers.  And the gentleman wanting the mother as well is such a blessing.  Hope you have a great day!!

Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Glad the cats found a good home.  Even though they won't take them some facilities will spay/neuter for free.

Nice of you to take care of them.

Barb

ReallyReal

Yesterday, the gentleman came with his family to my house.  He was going to drop off a safe trap for me so that I could catch the mother cat.  The kittens allowed us to hold them so they were no problem.  He set the trap and momma cat went right in, along with one of her babies.  She was rather upset at being in the trap but calmed down fairly quickly.  So the family of kitties went to their new home yesterday.