cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My addictions

These are lyrics from a song that is close to my heart and keeps me going through my battles with overcoming not only my nicotine addiction but other addictions I have won against. ( NOTE: I do NOT own the rights to the lyrics and they are not in order of song.)

What up yall my names Ash. I been off the drugs for a while now. I almost threw my life in the trash.I think I’m finally starting to smile, wow, Man I’ve lived a hell of a life. I’ve been to hell and back twice, 3 different addictions, don’t tell me about paying the price. I walked away from every brick I laid. So I can build a new wall to keep me safe. 
I finally got Sober. The madness is over. Now I’m proud of the one I’ve become. I’m finally someone that I know again. I started climbing out the hole I’m in. Fighting Demons that I know I’ll win. It’s time for me to mend these broken wings. 

LIFE HAS BEEN HARD. I KNOW IT GETS BETTER. THIS IS THE WAR THAT I’LL FIGHT FOREVER….. I HAVE MY SCARS, I’LL  ALWAYS REMEMBER, WHEN I LOST IT ALL AND NEVER SURRENDERED…….

When you fall down….. The world’s closing in…. You can get up again….. GET UP AGAIN!!

AB
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@bluestumpygirl You deserve to be proud.  Thanks for sharing your achievements overcoming the addictions in your life.  Finding a song that touches you heart is a special thing.  Lyrics to a song can soothe our soul,  give us joy, make us laugh or cry, and  inspire us to become who we want to be.  

Keep working on that quit.  

Hugs

Barb

SuzyQ411

@bluestumpygirl 

dynamic. in word.jpg

WOW!

GO GIRL!!

CONGRATS!!!

@SuzyQ411 @Barbscloud  Thank you both air hugs 

AB