cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

yeah I'm back. but I'm lower that dirt. Infection in my spine...never stops with the hurt

JonesCarpeDiem
5 17 391

BACK TO NORMAL.jpg

WHAT IS NORMAL?

I WAS IN NURSING HOMES & hospitals 

FOR 14 of the past 18 WEEKS.

DO YOU KNOW HOW LIFE CHANGING THAT IS?

I ACTUALLY **** A DIAPER MORE THAN ONCE!!!

I got home Friday and just cooked my first from scratch meal yesterday.

IT TOOK ME TEN TIMES AS LONG TO MAKE CHICKEN DIVAN BECAUSE I HAD TO SIT AND RECOVER SO MANY TIMES.

"YOU ARE DESCENDING...WE CONTROL THE HORIZONTAL...WE CONTROL THE VERTICAL....  "YOU'RE THE ONE IN THE DIAPER".....

I had a bunch of plumbing work done during my second hospital stay and had a foley catheter for a month. I was inspired to write the lyrics to a unrinary masterpiece...here goes (it's to the tune of smoke smoke smoke that cigarette by phil harris (look it up on youtube)

Pee pee pee like you can't resist

Try to get it all out take a **bleep**, take a **bleep**

If you don't keep at it friend,

well, you might not **bleep** again

so pee pee pee go take that **bleep**

I have been shopping twice. I go at 6 and use an electric cart (or go home pissed because they were broken or in use.)

life is tough

but smoking will kill you!

"I don't do that anymore."

17 Comments
About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.