cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

wow!! 2 YEARS AND 1 MONTH!!

sadiewilliams
1 9 116

It's been 2 years, 1 month since I smoked my last cig!!  My daughter just said:  Mom, I forgot you used to smoke!!  

At first I was on this site very often, and It was so comforting because all the other people were going thru the withdrawls too!  I found alot of support here, and now I have almost forgot about these blogs.  I was just reading them and I am so thankful that I had a place to go!

To all the new quitters, let me just say this!  Never in a million years did I ever look ahead and imagine that I would be this much better off!  I was a chain smoker for over 20 years and tried sooooo hard to quite several times.  I made the a committment to myself that I would at least do my best for me and my kids.

At first it was minute by minute, then it was hour by hour, once i made it thru the 30 days, I did month by month.  Do I still have problems??  Oh yes, lots of stress in my life, but I learnt to deal with the stress in other ways.  I don't even want one now!    

Don't give up on yourself and believe you can do it.....that's how I quit!!  and Pray!!   Good luck!!

9 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Good to see you and better still to hear how well you are doing.

Congratulations on your wonderful quit!

Thanks for stopping by to encourage the newly quit. 

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO!

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Great to hear your encouraging words! Congratulations on 2 years, 1 month of being a nonsmoker!
lois2

A great big CONGRATS on 25 months.   great blog.

Strudel

Great to see you! Congrats on your wonderful quit! 

Kimshine

That is great, congratulations! It's always nice to hear that things get so much better and that you don't get the urges as much during times of stress!

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS.  What a wonderful statement from your daughter!  

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 2 years and 1 month! What a great thing you dauhter said, you must have felt very proud!

I Can't Quit on my Quit!

ShawnP

Wow! i haven't seen you in ages!!! Great to see you and congrats on 2 yrs of Freedom!