cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

wow!! 2 YEARS AND 1 MONTH!!

sadiewilliams
1 9 120

It's been 2 years, 1 month since I smoked my last cig!!  My daughter just said:  Mom, I forgot you used to smoke!!  

At first I was on this site very often, and It was so comforting because all the other people were going thru the withdrawls too!  I found alot of support here, and now I have almost forgot about these blogs.  I was just reading them and I am so thankful that I had a place to go!

To all the new quitters, let me just say this!  Never in a million years did I ever look ahead and imagine that I would be this much better off!  I was a chain smoker for over 20 years and tried sooooo hard to quite several times.  I made the a committment to myself that I would at least do my best for me and my kids.

At first it was minute by minute, then it was hour by hour, once i made it thru the 30 days, I did month by month.  Do I still have problems??  Oh yes, lots of stress in my life, but I learnt to deal with the stress in other ways.  I don't even want one now!    

Don't give up on yourself and believe you can do it.....that's how I quit!!  and Pray!!   Good luck!!

9 Comments