cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

what works for me.

doney
0 9 113

Anyone who knows my history on this site knows I had a couple of lapses in the begining of my quit. I quit on Jan 21, had a cig 7 days into my quit on Jan 28. Then i did good again for a while, but had 2 cigarettes again on Feb 18. Well, on Feb 18 right after I had the second one (I smoked 2 back to back) I pulled out my trusty iphone and recorded a video of me talking to myself. I felt sick to my stomach and dizzy, and I couldn't get that nasty taste out of my mouth. So in my video I'm saying things to myself like " Doney, if you're thinking of having a cigarette, think back to this moment right here....I know your mind thinks it would be really good, but if you do, you're gonna feel sick, get a headache, and you won't be able to stand the horrible taste in your mouth" ....stuff like that. It's around a minute and a half long. Whenever I get a psycological craving, I just pull out my phone and watch the video. It actually helps me. Just sharing.

Peace.

9 Comments
pipster540

Cool Doney....hope I don't have to record that video myself...

Good to see you...whatcha been up to???

mike219

Hey Doney what pipster said. It seems like we have good forgetters. So anything we can use to remind us is a great tool. Don't be such a stranger it was good to see you. Mike

breathe-free

Good to hear from you Doney.....I like the video idea....but I don't think I would want a video of any of my big initial cravings....people have told me my face is ugly when I'm crying...and saying crazy stuff like "I think I could work better if I smoked"...Oh Mylanta....I hope I don't have another one of those at least not for a while!  Are you enjoying the outdoors?

Breathe Free

nomoresmokes2011

That is a great idea, it would sure make it real for all of us if we did that. All I do is tell

JonesCarpeDiem

you weren't flipping yourself off were you? LOL

Im happy you still doing it Doney.

lynette9

Oh, donny, just a great idea except, I'd throw up from watching me.....

nomoresmokes2011

(not sure how I did that) myself how terrible it would taste and I wouldnt enjoy it at all... Also remind myself why I quit and how I got to where I am today at 42 days quit! Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful smoke free day, Julie 

sparky21

Great work!! the mind sure lkes to play tricks on us, I have to remind myself also of the nasty taste, buring tongue, and the cost of health and money. On day 16, and each day gets a little easier! I eat sunflower seeds to keep busy as needed, and have done it, after 30 years of 2 packs a day, so, hang in there!! you can do it!!

Strudel
That is a wonderful idea!